• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Game 3

Re: The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Game 3

I told everyone Drouin would be this year's whipping boy and now it is almost a feeding frenzy here and on FB/twitter.

You can't tell people things that they already know. Everyone here knew that JD needed to start well or the pitch forks would come out.

Last edited:

IMO Drouin’s also having difficulty adjusting to the demands of the marketplace - like a hitter in baseball gripping their bat too tight trying to hit the impossible 5-run homer...there’s some of that “trying to do too much” in Drouin’s game at present.

There’s a lot of difference between doing your thing in TBay vs Mtl for a hockey player...especially for a local boy

He was good in Tampa Bay for half of a season. The excuse that MTL is too tough for him doesn't really fly when he struggled a lot in Tampa as well.

IMO Drouin’s also having difficulty adjusting to the demands of the marketplace - like a hitter in baseball gripping their bat too tight trying to hit the impossible 5-run homer...there’s some of that “trying to do too much” in Drouin’s game at present.

There’s a lot of difference between doing your thing in TBay vs Mtl for a hockey player...especially for a local boy

That's why I never would have traded for a player that walked out on his team in a market where hockey is an after thought.

That's why I never would have traded for a player that walked out on his team in a market where hockey is an after thought.

You hang up the phone when a smarter GM is chatting with you dangling a 22 year old top 3 pick who happens to be a local , you are getting fleeced .

See my post above.

Outside of a 4 month stretch JD was nothing special in Tampa Bay. The excuse that MTL is too hard for him because it's his hometown simply doesn't fly when he struggled for the most part in Tampa as well.

Drouin will be traded in a year or two max for another trouble case somewhere else(if he has any value obviously) or they will buy his contract, mark my words today!

Drouin will be traded in a year or two max for another trouble case somewhere else(if he has any value obviously) or they will buy his contract, mark my words today!
This is an imperative year in Drouin’s career IMO, at 23 he either figures it out and starts the path to serious progression or what we see is what we get. The positive is he’s got Dom Dom to help achieve the positive path...

Back