• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Minnesota 6:00 EST

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Remember folks ... it's a 6:00 pm puck drop tonight because this is a daytime game in Minny.

Short and sweet ... the Canes started hot, the Wild not so much. They currently sit at 1-1-1 with a lot of unanswered questions going forward. Team Fun versus Team Under Pressure? We'll see. One note - Carolina can tie a franchise record for best start to a season if they win tonight to go 4-0-1.

I've got to head out to a funeral in a few minutes, so this is just a quick one to get a thread started. Peace.

I will have to watch this one on delay-- DVR is set to record.

According to NHL.com, PDG and Fleury are playing. Zykov and TVR are the healthy scratches. No word on the goalie for the Hurricanes and Dubnyk (.945 save percentage) is in net for the Wild.

Hurricanes forward Sebastian Aho has six points (two goals, four assists) in a four-game point streak.Wild forward Jason Zucker had three points (two goals, one assist) in a 4-3 overtime win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday. He is one goal away from 100 in his NHL career.

Ferland has five points (two goals, three assists) in a three-game point streak. … Jordan Staal has four points (two goals, two assists) in the past two games. … Foegele has four points (three goals, one assist) in the past two games. … McElhinney is 2-0-0 with four goals against. … Parise has three points (one goal, two assists) in three games. … Eric Staal had three points (one goal, two assists) against Chicago.

https://www.nhl.com/news/carolina-hurricanes-minnesota-wild-game-preview/c-300901496

Canes posted this based on Thursday's practice (they did not do gameday skate):
Forwards

Foegele-Staal-Williams
Ferland-Aho-Teravainen
McGinn-Necas-Zykov
Martinook-Wallmark-Svechnikov

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
de Haan-Faulk
van Riemsdyk-Pesce

Goalies

McElhinney
Mrazek

Scratches: Di Giuseppe (healthy), Fleury (healthy), Darling (lower body; injured reserve), Rask (hand; injured non-roster)
https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-carolina-hurricanes-minnesota-wild/c-300902956

Wife’s birthday today. Might catch the end as she is typically early to bed.

I see Bruce B's teams are still dirty. Cheapshots galore. Someone needs to put Eric Staal on his backside. He's one dirty, cheapshotting piece of $#!t.

Refs won't call anything, but have yet to drop a puck without tossing someone from the circle. The NHL needs a complete officiating overhaul. No one should have to watch this garbage.

I see Bruce B's teams are still dirty. Cheapshots galore. Someone needs to put Eric Staal on his backside. He's one dirty, cheapshotting piece of $#!t.

Refs won't call anything, but have yet to drop a puck without tossing someone from the circle. The NHL needs a complete officiating overhaul. No one should have to watch this garbage.

Staal has been assing it up all over the ice tonight.

This team just doesn't quit! Aho was outstanding at both ends of the ice. Slavin was quietly screwing up the WIld's scoring chances all night long.

Justin Faulk needs to watch a game or two from the press box. He panics under pressure and is making bad decisions (on and off the ice). Grabbing the opponents stick from the bench is pure bush league.

Didn’t see the game. He led the box score.
Aho, 2 goals, 2 assists 3rd Star.
Minn goalie 1st Star
Minn dman 2nd Star.
Say what?
They lost.

Dubnyk, I can see getting a Star(even first) he made it a game. Aho should have at least been second or first.

5 Games 4 Goals 6 Assists +7 for Aho. Not sure how long it's going to be before we get an extension done, but 8x8 might not be enough.

Meanwhile Auston Matthews has 10 goals now, he is due an extension too.

This is one tenacious hockey team and the captain put the team on his shoulders— this team just rolls!

Followed the game via the NHL app while the wife and I were out having breakfast with friends here in Australia. I caused a bit of a stir when I yelled out when the app updated the score for the tying and winning goals.

I feel especially good about the Aho jersey I bought a month into his first season!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back