• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #6: Leafs at Berlin err, Washington 7PM

Jake with trash bag gap control, gets danced by Tyler Stephenson of all ****ing people, led to that Ovy chance.

Thanks Jake. You can **** off and wake up any time now.

and yeah...short side Freddy. Ridiculous shot, but that door should be closed.

Nice placement but those short side goals are always tough to swallow

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

We look very pedestrian tonight.

Yeah, Matthews puck luck has abandoned him so far tonight (1 post, and a couple bounces pucks on him in the slot). The Tavares line has had some strong shifts, but haven't had much open ice to play in. Kadri is on an island by himself with 2 diggers, and on the back end Retarded Jake is in the house so we went from having 3 puck movers, to 2.

This is the first time we've missed Willy.

In fairness, his work rate is excellent, he's apparently a top flight "stick checker" according to an analysis I read last season and his IQ is good on both sides of the puck. But his NHL toolkit is sparse, absolutely. Averageish skater, hands are okay but just okay, not much of a shot to speak of, small and not exactly strong against the board.

IMO, he's a case of the brain being willing and able, but the body not keeping up. He's dragged every bit of ability out of a small, skinny body, kicking and screaming. But I agree, that he's a 3rd liner at best, and with a group of forwards this deep and talented, probably a 4th liner.

Eh on a good team, if he's on your third line he better ****ing be the third option offensively. At this point, he's not. He was with Leivo on the line and imo the line performed just fine. When willy comes back he should absolutely be on the fourth line though. When your best skill is "stick checking" that's probably a good sign that you probably should be the teams 9th offensive option at absolute best.

At work on break. Happy to see we tied it. Let's go for da dub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington is doing a very good job containing the Matthews and Marner lines.

How about Par, eh. Rang the post hard in the first and then a nice tip for his first.

Freddy looks really vulnerable. Jake needs to get his shit together, sure, but so does Freddy.

Leivo should be up in place of Brown.

Back