• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Game 5

Galchenyuk got hurt. He's better than Domi.

Pacioretty will end up having a better season that Tomas Tatar.

The Domi Galchenyuk comparaison is still up there.

On the other end, I'm not so sure pacioretty will end up having a better season than Tatar. Tatar his showing some great flash while pacioretty is showing the same thing he was showing last year with us. We'll see but even having a close production make this trade a big win for us. If Tatar can be relatively close in production to Pacioretty and the fact he is sign to a manageble 4 more years and we go suzuki and a 2nd rounder for him. It's a nice win for us for this trade.

On the other end, I'm not so sure pacioretty will end up having a better season than Tatar. Tatar his showing some great flash while pacioretty is showing the same thing he was showing last year with us. We'll see but even having a close production make this trade a big win for us. If Tatar can be relatively close in production to Pacioretty and the fact he is sign to a manageble 4 more years and we go suzuki and a 2nd rounder for him. It's a nice win for us for this trade.

IMO it was a win from the second the trade happened.

Tatar being good = gravy.

That was fugly game. Nice to see us come out on top.

This version of the Red Wings is putrid. That was a last place team the Habs played last night. A decent team and they likely go to OT.

I get the Red Wings have injuries on D but wow were the replacements bad.

If they finish 3-6-1 or 3-5-2 will I be wrong about a near 2-7-1 record?

How many points is Drouin on pace for now?

Krusty gonna Krust.

Here's an idea, how about giving people your own criteria. Is 5-3-2 right out? I would say yes.

It boils down to Tatar's usage. It looks like Julien will give him every opportunity to succeed and if he remains getting top minutes for forwards he very well may out point Pacioretty. I think Pacioretty ends with more goals though.

looks more like a cup contender than a rebuilding team

fans just do not want to see a cup contender

I'm seeing neither.

The Habs are a middling team that currently hustles. First on the puck goes a long way. They aren't a contender nor are they a bottom feeder. They are precisely what a lot of people didn't want to see, a bubble team.

I'm seeing neither.

The Habs are a middling team that currently hustles. First on the puck goes a long way. They aren't a contender nor are they a bottom feeder. They are precisely what a lot of people didn't want to see, a bubble team.

We are seeing the same thing.

I do not think the pace of play continues all season.

Some signs that is it not smoke and mirrors though....
9.4% shooting percentage is not outrageous. (was 7.7% last year)
Save % is not carrying us and could get better.
PP is not helping much.
Weber is skating...

But the grind of the season will not be kind and injuries will also happen.

I'm seeing neither.

If we cannot get a top 5 pick i would prefer to make the playoffs and hope that Price gets hot and have some fun.

I'm seeing neither.

Pretty much.

We are seeing the same thing.

I do not think the pace of play continues all season.

Some signs that is it not smoke and mirrors though....
9.4% shooting percentage is not outrageous. (was 7.7% last year)
Save % is not carrying us and could get better.
PP is not helping much.
Weber is skating...

But the grind of the season will not be kind and injuries will also happen.

The one good thing is the youth. Historically speaking, younger players get hurt less and tend to recover quicker when they do.

This version of the Red Wings is putrid. That was a last place team the Habs played last night. A decent team and they likely go to OT.

I get the Red Wings have injuries on D but wow were the replacements bad.

Still in recent years, those were the exact teams that the Habs would get surprised by or have a hard time beating.

Galchenyuk got hurt. He's better than Domi. Pacioretty will end up having a better season that Tomas Tatar.

Not what the advanced stats have stated.

Yes AG is a better goal scorer but Domi generates more offense 5 on 5 hands down.

Plus anyone with eyes can see that he competes harder than AG

Marc Dumont

@MarcPDumont
3h
Domi ranked 5th among all LW (500 min+) last year in terms of primary assists per 60.
16th among all forwards.
170th in secondary assists.

The majority of his helpers were of the primary variety.

Marc Dumont

@MarcPDumont
In 2016-17 he finished 11th among all forwards for primary assists per 60.
In 2015-16 he finished 34th.

Last season wasn't an outlier, he's a very good playmaker.
18:10 - 16 juin 2018

The Numbers

Domi actually creates more offence per 60 minutes of ice time than Galchenyuk, and has done so in two of the last three seasons. His greatest strength lies in playmaking, which is where he generates the majority of his points.

Back