• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #8: Flightless Birds @ Leafs, 7:00PM, TSN4

Like I ****ing said. About 6 random bounces had to go wrong for us, and it ends up in our empty net.

Stupid ****ing game sometimes.

How to neutralize the Leafs powerplay -- don't give 'em any. Same thing last year at this time.

Yeah it's really incredible. Okay, the 50/50 calls going wrong I get completely. The Hyman interference/holding call was horseshit, but I get it. Missing a blatant high stick in the middle of the ice, and the interference against Rielly, also in the middle of the ice in clear view of both officials is ridiculous though.

The Leafs didn't play good enough to win tonight. But call the game right and they just might have. Kind of fitting that a stupid too many men call was the deciding factor in this game where the Leafs PP barely got on the ice despite a number of opportunties to put them there.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

The Pens were the better team, but there were way too many blatant missed calls against Toronto.

Whistle clearly went after the puck was in. They didn't even take 10 seconds to review it. Officials ... first star.

Outside of the first line/top pairing, I thought the Leafs played pretty ****ing well tonight. First line was just awful though. It may well be time to give old man Marleau a breather.

It's ok, get Willy signed and put him with Matthew's and Kapanen. Marleau with Kadri and I feel that all will be right in the world.

I thought the Wingless birds played very well, Murray was a stone wall. But I thought we played well also. Fast paced, entertaining, I really wasn't overly pissed we lost. Ozhiganov and Dermott rock. Goat is really giving it shit out there,and Hyman wants back on the first line and maybe he should be. Guy is a manbeast.

It was really a 1 goal game and that goal was pretty soft. The Leafs won the Corsi and Scoring Chance battle. I think there were a lot of good things that game. Ozhiganov and Lindholm keep looking better and better.

The only negative was that Crosby fed Matthews his lunch. Ellers is right. Crosby/Malakin is still the gold standard. We have Tavares to match up against Malkin, but we need the kids to learn how to fight through these tight checking games and still dominate. It will happen.

5v5 adjusted we actually lost

Pens

CF 53.21
FF 58.33
HDCF 46.96

Leafs
CF 46.79
FF 41.67
HDCF 53.51

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Sincere question. What is the benefit in adjusting single game team stats? Not saying there isn't one, just curious.

To me score, zone, and home ice are just part of any particular game. Not comparing numbers over large sample sizes where every team/player has different variables.

you gotta adjust for score. winning the corsi battle because you have to score at the end doesn't mean you actually were the better possession team.

Is that true in a one goal game though? Because the Pens scored a PP goal in the first, all of Toronto's shots for the rest of the game are worth less? The Pens were the better team, because they were better the first 10 minutes? The Leafs didn't go all out, and the Pens didn't go into a defensive shell at the 10 min mark of the first.

Even if you completely ignore the third period the Leafs were a +4 CF and SCF through 2. +2 and 3 respectively in the first alone.

the adjustment increases the later in the game - a deficit in the 1st period doesn't have as much influence as it does later in the game.

i.e. last night's game:

Actual ---- Adjusted

1st: 52.2% - 48.9% (-3.2)
2nd: 52.1% - 46.4% (-5.7)
3rd: 51.0% - 45.3% (-5.7)

Back