• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

4 years from now - tank nation lives

worm

I hear lots of people comparing JK to Barkov development. So his 5th year will be a breakout.

So what do we have....

Drouin is 27 on his last year at $5.5m
Tatar is 31
Shaw is 31
Gallagher is 30
Domi is 27
Danault is 29
Pleks is back in europe
Armia is 29
Peca is 29
Byron is 33 and on the last year of his deal at 3.4
JK is 22
Lehkonen is 27

Alzner is 34
Petry is 34
Juulsen is 25
Mete is 24
Reilly is 29
Weber is 37 at 7.8

Price is 35 at 10.5

Of course some the the draft picks and prospects will be up and replace some of these guys

the key pieces of Weber and Price will be very old
a bunch that i assume are gone like petry, alzner, pleks
tatar, shaw, gallagher are at the point where you do not want to overpay them

so if the plan for JK is the 5 year plan it is time to start looking at what you can get for weber, price, petry, alzner (hehe), pleks and then decide how big of a role gallagher, tatar, etc will have

moving these players now helps the team suck which helps tank nation

You have to think the team will be completely different by the time JK's 5th year comes around. Keep all those guys (even the 29 year olds) would make us a really old team.

I'm also not super convinced that JK will even be a Hab in 5 years ala Subban and Galchenyuk (7 and 5 years for both before they were moved).

I never believed in 4-5 years or x years plans, this is mostly BS(not referring to your post but generally), in a business that players change teams right and left, unless you have a franchise player, it is hard to make any kind of 4-5 years plans, because many players may change the team and you don't know how your top picks will develop(look at us in last 10 years).

That is why when MB was hired and called a 5 years plan, i was with a friend and said: This is pure BS and i am sure 90% of fans will buy such a statement.

In 5 years probably 2/3 of players of this team will not be around for different reasons, because we don't have any young elite player(s) to build the team around.
Aussi simple que ça!

I hear lots of people comparing JK to Barkov development. So his 5th year will be a breakout.

So what do we have....

Drouin is 27 on his last year at $5.5m
Tatar is 31
Shaw is 31
Gallagher is 30
Domi is 27
Danault is 29
Pleks is back in europe
Armia is 29
Peca is 29
Byron is 33 and on the last year of his deal at 3.4
JK is 22
Lehkonen is 27

Alzner is 34
Petry is 34
Juulsen is 25
Mete is 24
Reilly is 29
Weber is 37 at 7.8

Price is 35 at 10.5

Of course some the the draft picks and prospects will be up and replace some of these guys

the key pieces of Weber and Price will be very old
a bunch that i assume are gone like petry, alzner, pleks
tatar, shaw, gallagher are at the point where you do not want to overpay them

so if the plan for JK is the 5 year plan it is time to start looking at what you can get for weber, price, petry, alzner (hehe), pleks and then decide how big of a role gallagher, tatar, etc will have

moving these players now helps the team suck which helps tank nation

The question is who is still with us from that list ...maybe 5-7 guys best

Other than maybe Price and KK we dont have a core player from that list to build a contender with

If we start sucking this year some of those guys will be gone before you know it. We already have a ton of pics for the upcoming draft and more to come. The word is the RP will be joining the habs or the AHL after his season ends, so room will have to be made for him. Going to be an interesting next year or two with many changes.

I never believed in 4-5 years or x years plans, this is mostly BS(not referring to your post but generally), in a business that players change teams right and left, unless you have a franchise player, it is hard to make any kind of 4-5 years plans, because many players may change the team and you don't know how your top picks will develop(look at us in last 10 years).

That is why when MB was hired and called a 5 years plan, i was with a friend and said: This is pure BS and i am sure 90% of fans will buy such a statement.

In 5 years probably 2/3 of players of this team will not be around for different reasons, because we don't have any young elite player(s) to build the team around.
Aussi simple que ça!

i never bought it either i am just thinking about what ppl are saying re: JK development and how that fits in

we should just keep trading anyone over league minimum for picks and prospects, we can then trade those said picks/prospects for more picks and prospects

#sysiphus

MB's multi-year plan has not been consistent. He's not a good example of someone that has effectively or poorly led a proper rebuild

we should just keep trading anyone over league minimum for picks and prospects, we can then trade those said picks/prospects for more picks and prospects

#sysiphus

Besides Patch what good players have we traded for picks/prospects under MB? I am sure there are others, but this is an attempt to create fake news IMO.

Time to shut this thread down. Habs are looking good. Just need to get a top 3 defender at the deadline.

Just to give some perspective, only Price, Plekanec and Gallagher remains from the 2013 team, and only Hudon, Lehkonen and McCarron remains from our prospect pool of 2013.

6-games into the season, pretty much all opposing coaches/players have said the same thing post-games: Habs speed gives them trouble.

It's an easy recipe for success.....now we just need to add talent to that speed.

6-games into the season, pretty much all opposing coaches/players have said the same thing post-games: Habs speed gives them trouble.

It's an easy recipe for success.....now we just need to add talent to that speed.

that part seems a bit harder

Back