• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 7 - Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - SAT OCT 20TH 7:00 EST

byron Missed his man and we lost. Hopefully, we won’t see Alzner in uniform for a long time.

Alzner, Shaw and DLo trifecta slowed down the team game noticeably.

Habs lost due to horrendous faceoffs...again. Tonight it caught up to them

I think Julien was counting on Danault winning that draw in OT because I don’t get giving hom the icetime he got in Ot

the team stop skating, puck was bouncing (ugly) for both sides, game had little flow, good learning curve...

The Canadiens lost, but Jesperi Kotkaniemi had himself a night https://theathletic.com/602767/2018...t-but-jesperi-kotkaniemi-had-himself-a-night/

Standout – Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Through seven games Kotkaniemi only has three points, but it’s clear he is making a positive impact on the team. In fact, his underlying metrics are fantastic: a 56.3 percent Corsi share, 59.3 percent shot share and 54.6 percent share of high-danger chances. He’s made less than half a dozen bad decisions this year, and even that estimate seems high as I struggle to think of more than one or two mistakes he’s made.

Simply put, when he’s on the ice the Canadiens are a better team. The bad news is, given his age, he’s only got 20 or so years left in his career.
Underperformer – Karl Alzner & Jonathan Drouin

Karl Alzner has 739 games of NHL experience.

Karl Alzner makes $4.625 million per year until 2021.

Karl Alzner plays defence about as well as the previous guy who wore No. 27.

Karl Alzner struggled.
As for Jonathan Drouin, I can neither confirm nor deny whether he was actually playing tonight. After a few solid games, he put in another ghost-like effort.

Don’t worry about getting the next Tinordi, MB will send his 1st to the Sens for Duchene, if the Habs are within reach of the playoffs, just sayin..

That's not as big of a deal as you are trying to make it.

If that were to happen, that would mean they would be trading like the 18th overall pick, not a top 5 one.

Last edited:
On paper Ottawa isnt inferior. Ottawa's best players are better than our best players. MTL has better depth.

Price is better than Anderson,

Except when the score was 3-1 in the first period Anderson made two saves that kept his team in the game. Price cracked again as he does against the Senators and let the back in the game.

Price is off mentally and it started around the time his wife was pregnant. Really curious as to what’s going on with him. The one bad goal a game is getting old.

Back