• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Avs 10/20 1:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes make their first attempt since 2002 to play a home game during the State Fair.

We know there will be one lineup change for the Canes, with Clark Bishop taking over 4C from Martin Necas (who had the game winner in the shootout last night for Charlotte). All other lines remained intact through a few days of practice after getting back from Tampa. The PP and PK are still abysmal. The power play is tied for 29th with an 8% success rate, the kill is worse, DFL at 63.6%. On the plus side, Sebastian Aho is tied for 5th in the league with 12 points and tied for 3rd at +8.

The Avs are off to a hot start of their own at 4-1-2. Miko Rantanen leads the league with 11 assists, he’s tied for 2nd in points with 13. Nathan MacKinnon has 7 goals and Gabriel Landeskog has 5 goals and also leads the league at +9. Semyon Varlamov has played 5 games in goal and has a 1.77/.948 stat line. I think we’re seein backup Phillip Grubauer who has played 2 games and is 3.53/.891.

The parking lots open at 8:30 and parking is half price before 10:00. There is a South Plaza Party stating at 11. Doors open at 11:30. It’s the first of 6 Homegrown Series games. The featured food is a Carolina burger, a quarter pounder topped with chili and served with crinkle cut fries available at section 109. Foothills Brewery will be pouring flights at section 110.

Fox Sports Southeast for TV, check your local listings for the channel.

Game isn't on FS Carolinas and not listed on my Fox sports go... and I am stuck at work....(apparently on Fox sports SE instead) RAGE!!!!

Game isn't on FS Carolinas and not listed on my Fox sports go... and I am stuck at work....(apparently on Fox sports SE instead) RAGE!!!!

Yeah, it’s not on Sling TV or the Fox Sports App. This was not supposed to happen. WTF Fox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far after two periods this looks like the same garbage the Canes tried to pass off as good hockey we were used to the last several years. No hustle today, terrible power play again, sloppy mess and frankly a bunch of passengers for the most part. Brutal effort overall, no excuse, rested and home and just too flat.

Last edited:
Agreed this isn't the team that started the year there is no hustle no in their face... It's Bill Peters hockey and it is awful...

Ferland gets a fight in the third after a few good hits. More life then most of the team has showed.

Bag skate Sunday morning is what they deserve after that shitfest. And what’s the point of sending Necas down if you now have a fourth line that is practically useless. Bishop/Zykov/McGinn is hot garbage. The whole success of the hot start was based on all four forward lines playing relentless hockey.

Last edited:
Yeah, Bishop showed me nothing. Which, of course, was equal with most of the rest of the team except for Aho and Ferland.

TT is still floundering at the point on the PP. he's not a threat to shoot. Even Slavin shoots. (Mostly muffins and whiffle balls but shots!.) Why did we get rid of the Faulk + Hamilton so we had 2 point shots? And Staal on the PP let him take the draw then get him off the ice.

Yeah, Bishop showed me nothing. Which, of course, was equal with most of the rest of the team except for Aho and Ferland.

The power play ineptitude seemed to dictate the teams effort all day. Disjointed and disorganized, just didn’t see the fire today, and that 43 shot total was a bit misleading too.

Back