• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs Vs Blues

Realistically only have two lines that can score. And one gets consistently crushed possession-wise. If both get even semi cold, this is what happens. They are not as deep as last year without willy bozie and jvr.

With that said, they'll be fine. I don't hate their game so far tonight, at least defensively. Seem to be a bit more organized.

Think it's crazy to not put offensive skill guys with other offensive skill guys. Because Leivo with kadri would make that line at least somewhat of a threat offensively. But meh.

Would be nice to get a call like that one on Hainsey. Guy skated into him.

Leafs are playing well but Marleau is looking more and more like a boat anchor on that top line. Kadri's line is snakebit and Leivo should be there in place of Brown.

The two Lou contracts in marleau and zaitsev are looking kind of shitty right now. The teams only two bad contracts really so hardly crippling, but definitely not ideal. Hopefully marleau isn't as finished as he looks. I knew the zaitsev one was terrible the day it was signed. Most people with a brain did.

Big reason Willy needs to come back asap. Get him down to the 3rd line

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Think it's crazy to not put offensive skill guys with other offensive skill guys. Because Leivo with kadri would make that line at least somewhat of a threat offensively. But meh.

I think the mix isn't good right now. Marleau has been pretty useless on the top line, and Lindbrown have been good, but I don't know if there's an ounce of offensive danger between the two of them. Kadri is alone on an island there as the only one with consistent offensive ability. While this happens though, two offensively talented wingers are grinding away on 4th line shifts that are shit kicking the opposition for 7 minutes a night.

It reminds me a lot of the 1st half of last season, where we scored tons of goals until Babcock got the team playing "the right way", we stopped scoring goals for a month or more until he put the right pieces in the right places and we played like a 115 point team in the second half.

I don't think we played bad against the Penguins, but to me it's getting a bit old that it's the game we were the least creative offensively in (until tonight), but the game where Babcock had the fewest negative things to say about the team's performance. He's legitimately a great coach I think, but he seems to prefer a team of plow horses to a team of thoroughbreds and he seems intent every year to try to turn his thoroughbreds into plow horses until it fails miserably.

Last edited:
whenever I hear Bortuzzo I think of this
[video=youtube;Au1He0_eCkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au1He0_eCkw[/video]

Back