• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

Nice career, good numbers, but he never really won anything. No cup, no Vézina, I think all he has is one Jennings and a gold medal. I don't think there is any modern goalie in the hall without a Vézina or a cup. Most have both.

This is now the HOF of the very good . If guys like Gillies make it , he deserves it as well .

I never knew goalies won the Cup by themselves?

Really think 33 would’ve won without the team he had around him, and let’s not mention the luck factor - Habs didn’t have to beat the best in 86 & 93.

Did Ray Bourque suck because Bs never won Cup with him?

There was a stat someone put out how 33 got 2x the amount of goal support Price has had (adjusted for hockey era) and the NHL is far more competitive in the cap era - don’t have # of bottom feeders from previous era.

Being blinded by hate, just sayin...

Cmon Sal , King Roy carried us on his back to 2 titles .

If he didnt walk on water we lose both years .

If he resembled anything close to what we have seen the last 6 playoff years with Holtby , Murray etc.... we arent winning anything.

He was the Tim Thomas to 2 cups minus the offensive skill TT had.

I am a huge 31 supporter but when it mattered in the playoffs he is overrated .

He was outplayed by most goalies and never carried us on his back for even a round like 33 did.

Its all about delivering the results in the playoffs and he cant carry 33`s jock strap .

Last edited:
This is now the HOF of the very good . If guys like Gillies make it , he deserves it as well .
Not for goalies. The last five have been Fuhr, Roy, Hasek, Belfour and Vachon. They all have Cups and Vezinas. The next one will be Brodeur. Luongo is not in the same category.

If he resembled anything close to what we have seen the last 6 playoff years with Holtby , Murray etc.... we arent winning anything.

He was outplayed by most goalies and never carried us on his back for even a round like 33 did.

Its all about delivering the results in the playoffs and he cant carry 33`s jock strap .
St.Patrick was a legend no doubt, however, in all fairness 33 had a legit 1C on both Cup winning teams (Smith & Vinny) - how many 1Cs has 31 had through his tenure?

Since Price joined the Habs, goaltending has been the least of our problems. Yet there’s a significant fraction of the fanbase that always ****s on 31 - because Price hasn’t walked on water.

So that’s 31 measuring stick he has to walk on water?

St.Patrick was a legend no doubt, however, in all fairness 33 had a legit 1C on both Cup winning teams (Smith & Vinny) - how many 1Cs has 31 had through his tenure?

Since Price joined the Habs, goaltending has been the least of our problems. Yet there’s a significant fraction of the fanbase that always ****s on 31 - because Price hasn’t walked on water.

Dude, forget the cup, that is like dreaming wet in case of Carey, how many series he have won?

When you guys will stop finding excuses for him and stop protecting him?

He is 31 now!

Roy was our best player no doubt, but he didn't do it alone, goalie aside, we haven't had a team like that since, well, 20+ years, I doubt Roy wins a cup either! Until Price wins a Stanley Cup, he will just be a very good goalie. Roy was a great goalie unless your name is Cam Neely .

Dude, forget the cup, that is like dreaming wet in case of Carey, how many series he have won?

When you guys will stop finding excuses for him and stop protecting him?

He is 31 now!
For perspective: 31s career playoff numbers are 0.07 & 0.04% lower than his regular season GAA & sv% respectively (2.46, .918 vs 2.53, .914).

All you can ask of any player is to maintain production level between regular season & playoffs

NYR series 31 posted a 1.86 GAA with a 0.933 sv%. In this era those are very good numbers for a goalie. Essentially Habs couldn’t average 2 goals per game or they’d have won the series. Had his 1C been a slight upgrade to Zibanejad or Stepan from Danault, I’m willing to bet he’d have won the series.

Goalies cannot outright win series in this era, IMO, I would agree they can keep it close or outright lose them, but it’s offense that wins series in this era where you need to avg at least 3 goals per game to make it to the finals let alone win.

Nice career, good numbers, but he never really won anything. No cup, no Vézina, I think all he has is one Jennings and a gold medal. I don't think there is any modern goalie in the hall without a Vézina or a cup. Most have both.

Awards
Year League Award
2006-07 AHL Jack A. Butterfield Trophy
2014-15 NHL Hart Memorial Trophy
2014-15 NHL William M. Jennings Trophy
2014-15 NHL Vezina Trophy
2014-15 NHL Ted Lindsay Award

He has his Vezina...may never get his cup though

Totally disagree , he hasn’t delivered in the playoffs based on the hype as arguably the best goalie in the game .

2 years ago Radu nearly carried us on his back past the Rangers . He was hands down our best player .

31 was very good not great . That series was ours if 33 put in a Radu performance.

He has yet to put in an elite playoff performance , that’s all I am saying.

For perspective: 31s career playoff numbers are 0.07 & 0.04% lower than his regular season GAA & sv% respectively (2.46, .918 vs 2.53, .914).

All you can ask of any player is to maintain production level between regular season & playoffs

NYR series 31 posted a 1.86 GAA with a 0.933 sv%. In this era those are very good numbers for a goalie. Essentially Habs couldn’t average 2 goals per game or they’d have won the series. Had his 1C been a slight upgrade to Zibanejad or Stepan from Danault, I’m willing to bet he’d have won the series.

Goalies cannot outright win series in this era, IMO, I would agree they can keep it close or outright lose them, but it’s offense that wins series in this era where you need to avg at least 3 goals per game to make it to the finals let alone win.

He was outplayed by Henrik ....just saying

He was outplayed by Henrik ....just saying
Henrik given a lead in most of the series, he lost when he didn’t have one, just sayin.

By those standards Stevie Y sucked because he couldn’t live up to the hype in the playoffs until he played with a stacked roster with 5+ future HOFers

Henrik given a lead in most of the series, he lost when he didn’t have one, just sayin.

By those standards Stevie Y sucked because he couldn’t live up to the hype in the playoffs until he played with a stacked roster with 5+ future HOFers

Stevie Y was never considered the best at his position or hyped like 31.

Sal , simply put 31 was outplayed by his opponents when it mattered .

I am not ripping him , he was very good just not elite.

When other teams won their top players were elite , Kane , TJ , Keith , Kopitar etc...

I don’t care what position they play , they came through .

I don’t expect Price to carry us to a cup , he can’t do it alone and we don’t have the horses in front of him

But I do expect him to carry us and win a round , and outplay the opposing goalies once in a while

For all the hype he hasn’t delivered a dominant playoff performance .

Awards
Year League Award
2006-07 AHL Jack A. Butterfield Trophy
2014-15 NHL Hart Memorial Trophy
2014-15 NHL William M. Jennings Trophy
2014-15 NHL Vezina Trophy
2014-15 NHL Ted Lindsay Award

He has his Vezina...may never get his cup though

Pretty sure Wazoo was talking about Luongo.

You all forget the draft pick behind Mario. Couldn't skate worth shit. But had the attitude, like Gallagher, to make a difference. But, without Patrick, all for not. A perfect storm.

Totally disagree , he hasn’t delivered in the playoffs based on the hype as arguably the best goalie in the game .

2 years ago Radu nearly carried us on his back past the Rangers . He was hands down our best player .

31 was very good not great . That series was ours if 33 put in a Radu performance.

He has yet to put in an elite playoff performance , that’s all I am saying.

Let's not sugar coat it, had Carey been a bit better than he was we would have perhaps won that series.

The Rangers were not a very good team that year, Lundqvist saved their asses vs us but was garbage vs the Sens the series after.

I would really like to see Carey be an elite goalie in the playoffs

Back