Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 125

Thread: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

  1. #41
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Henrik given a lead in most of the series, he lost when he didn’t have one, just sayin.

    By those standards Stevie Y sucked because he couldn’t live up to the hype in the playoffs until he played with a stacked roster with 5+ future HOFers
    Henrik had a lead because Carey was giving up softies in the first period in most games. In fact, the Rangers were pretty much scoring at will when they were not busy protecting a lead.

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Let's not sugar coat it, had Carey been a bit better than he was we would have perhaps won that series.

    The Rangers were not a very good team that year, Lundqvist saved their asses vs us but was garbage vs the Sens the series after.

    I would really like to see Carey be an elite goalie in the playoffs
    Bang on , our conference had other weak teams over the years as well

    He needs to the difference in winning a series.

    Halak did that a decade ago.

  3. #43
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Let's get back on track here. This thread was to congratulate Carey on his accomplishment.

    It has been hijacked by posters pointing on negatives.

  4. #44
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Price is overpaid. Congratulations to him and his agent. Good work.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  5. #45
    Legend Habs53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    China
    Posts
    15,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Let's get back on track here. This thread was to congratulate Carey on his accomplishment.

    It has been hijacked by posters pointing on negatives.
    There is a few on here that simply cannot help themselves. Did you expect anything different? lol

  6. #46
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    I agree Price needs to win a Cup to be part of the elite conversation.

    Food for thought. Playing for far inferior “teams” during the non clutch & grab era of a more competitive (parity) NHL, just sayin...



    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  7. #47
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Roy : .918, 2.30, 151W, 94L
    Brodeur : .919, 2.02, 113W, 91L
    Price : .914, 2.53, 25W, 31L

  8. #48
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    119,722
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    Price is overpaid. Congratulations to him and his agent. Good work.
    In their defense, Bergevin/Molson were easy marks.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    Price is overpaid. Congratulations to him and his agent. Good work.
    Dude, the advertisement by some fans and media made his value double maybe, i bet you if himself was ready to take 6-7 , some fans and media would get pissed and were going to ask for money, tbh, i doubt his agent and himself had to do a lot to get such a deal,
    Last edited by Habs-25; 10-29-2018 at 09:06 PM.

  10. #50
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    We jumped the gun too early inking him in July .

    He was brutal last year , he wasnt getting 12x 7 years as a UFA .

  11. #51
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    I think we can shut down this thread.

    People are continuing to use it as another window to bash Carey rather than using it for the reason it was created, which was to give him props for his accomplishment.

  12. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Why close the thread? Because you and few of his lovers got offended?
    Last edited by Habs-25; 10-30-2018 at 05:07 PM.

  13. #53
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    What? Was that an attempt at a sentence? You should try proof-reading before hitting the post button. Also, tone down on the homophobia re:"lovers".

    Although, I guess English could be your second language -- if that's the case, I say kudos.
    Last edited by CaptainBolduke; 10-30-2018 at 04:03 PM.

  14. #54
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    119,722
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Don’t bother CB seriously. No good can come out of it.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  15. #55
    Legend Guibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    23,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Price is a better goaltender than Roy was and this is coming from someone who started to follow hockey because of Roy, considered Roy his favorite player, and has a Roy Goaltender mask replica in his office right now.

    It's unfortunate, but even if I don't agree with it, It will be hard for him to be recognize has one of the best without a cup though. Look at Marcel Dionne. Top 6 points in the history of the NHL. Played most of his carreer for an expansion team (LA) that has very bas team and yet manage this level of production. If he has played for any potent team back then, he has cups and his proabbly top2 point producer. Unfortuantely, no one think of him when you ask about best all time NHL players because he never won a cup.

    It's unfortunate because being Elite is not enough to win a cup. You need to be Lucky. Lucky to be in a team build by someone of talent, surounded by other good players. Some great players never will win the cup and will be forgotten.

    But a cup is not EVERYTHING. There are many bad goaltender that have won cups. It doesn't mean they are better than others that didn't. When you have Cam Ward with a cup, he is proabbly one of the worst goltender to ever won a cup in the recent era. Got Hot at the right time. The rest of his carreer, he was an average goaltender. Price is a thousand time a better goaltender than him.

  16. #56
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
    Price is a better goaltender than Roy was and this is coming from someone who started to follow hockey because of Roy, considered Roy his favorite player, and has a Roy Goaltender mask replica in his office right now.

    It's unfortunate, but even if I don't agree with it, It will be hard for him to be recognize has one of the best without a cup though. Look at Marcel Dionne. Top 6 points in the history of the NHL. Played most of his carreer for an expansion team (LA) that has very bas team and yet manage this level of production. If he has played for any potent team back then, he has cups and his proabbly top2 point producer. Unfortuantely, no one think of him when you ask about best all time NHL players because he never won a cup.

    It's unfortunate because being Elite is not enough to win a cup. You need to be Lucky. Lucky to be in a team build by someone of talent, surounded by other good players. Some great players never will win the cup and will be forgotten.

    But a cup is not EVERYTHING. There are many bad goaltender that have won cups. It doesn't mean they are better than others that didn't. When you have Cam Ward with a cup, he is proabbly one of the worst goltender to ever won a cup in the recent era. Got Hot at the right time. The rest of his carreer, he was an average goaltender. Price is a thousand time a better goaltender than him.
    Price is Dan Marino

    Roy is Joe Montana


    Hopefully Price can turn his career into John Elway before he retires...
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  17. #57
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Price is Dan Marino

    Roy is Joe Montana


    Hopefully Price can turn his career into John Elway before he retires...
    Very well put.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  18. #58
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    What? Was that an attempt at a sentence? You should try proof-reading before hitting the post button. Also, tone down on the homophobia re:"lovers".

    Although, I guess English could be your second language -- if that's the case, I say kudos.
    Homophobia? Please.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  19. #59
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Don’t bother CB seriously. No good can come out of it.
    I agree, none of us should acknowledge CB's existence, no good comes of it.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  20. #60
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Homophobia? Please.
    The forum ice pc preferred term is jock sniffers.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •