• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #13, Stars @ Leafs, 7:00 PM, TSN

Holl is a little rough around the edges and may make a lot of mistakes.. but I can't help but think he's a better fit for this team that zaitsev. Zaitsev is having an even rougher go than usual out there early on. Auto turnover whenever he has the puck thus far. Ugly.

Can someone explain to me what Tyler Ennis does?

ha, came on to say ... what is the point of Ennis on this team, much less on the pp?

Guy is useless.

Holl with a very nice rub out on the boards. Wasn't expecting that. Really hoping this guy can fill a hole on the right side. I think he might have what it takes. time will tell.

Tough to get a real gauge on Holl in a game like this. Sheltered minutes against an absolutely terrifyingly bad stars bottom half of the lineup.. I'm sure he'll do very well tonight, especially playing with the teams second or third best d.

Would be lovely if the 2017-18 Johnsson would reappear. I suspect he's dealing with the effects of a very long season last year. Not surprised he came out a bit slow (though not so bad to get scratched over Tyler ****ing Ennis).

So we're back to forwards standing still at the opposition blueline as our break out strategy again eh?

Not sure how that wasn't a boarding call with Zaitsev getting tattoed on the numbers into the glass with the ref gawking at it.

Marner is their only really flashy guy in the lineup.. plus remember, Babcock made team Canada look boring. This is not too surprising.

Team is turning out some boring hockey lately.
Seriously. I've had a hard time paying attention to the last couple of ones.

They just get nothing going out there, and once again this is another game where we're almost 2/3 of the way through with no Leaf goal.

I mean they are missing two of their three best forwards. That'll hurt any team. Babcock's system and obsession with having good pros on every line doesn't help.. but they don't have all that much choice either in terms of players.

Back