• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Blues 11/6 8:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The road trip continues in St. Louis.

The Canes are winless on true trip so far, with 1 point to show for the 2 previous games. They were shut out for the first time on Saturday. Coach RBA was happy with yesterday’s practice though. Mrazek is day to day so we might see McElhinney in goal tonight.

The Blues are scuffling along with 11 points in 14 games, next to last in the Western Conference. Head coach Mike Yeo has been on the hot seat of late. Ryan O’Reilly leads with 16 points and has a 7 game point streak.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carolina has had real problems matching up with St Louis' size and mobility on D over the last few seasons. Nothing has really changed on those counts, so they'll need to get some help from somebody in net and special teams for this one to turn around the road skid. Regardless of how the final score goes, getting on the board first would be a big boost to morale after a couple of slow starts. Hopefully they can build on a good practice session and bring that to the first period.

The Blues are a real mystery team to me. Had to look at their roster to even remind myself who was there these days besides Ryan O'Reilly (which was the only player that immediately came to mind due to his recent trade).

They always seem like they should be better than they turn out to be. Hope that holds up for tonight.

Their goalie'ing is as bad (worse!) than ours. That's a good start.

Fleury might just be busting out right in front of our eyes ... at least with this organization. He's had a tailor-made opportunity to grab a secure spot on the left side and has shown absolutely nothing.

And it looks like the lines are back to where we started...Teravainen with Aho/Ferland, Foegele with Staal/Williams, etc. Also TVR In, Fleury out.

TVR in, Fleury out is just a joke of the worst kind...one guy is a fringe sixth or seventh defenseman that does nothing well and is as soft as Charmin, meanwhile the other guy is a first round draft pick that has barely been given a chance this year (2 games) to even feel comfortable...just a move that once again defies logic. Let Fleury play, let TVR sit, TVR is exactly who we thought he was, terrible and trending down. Sorry JB, if you call 2 games a tailor-made opportunity to grab a secure spot for the kid then you are tougher than Mike Keenan at his batshit craziest period of his life behind the bench...

Who is going to replace Roy from Charlotte when we return home this weekend? Time to rotate that spot again and give someone else a look.

I 100% agree on Fleury vs. TVR....play Fleury.

And boo to the lines going back to how they were. Maybe try separating Williams from Staal?

Sorry JB, if you call 2 games a tailor-made opportunity to grab a secure spot for the kid then you are tougher than Mike Keenan at his batshit craziest period of his life behind the bench...

He also had the entirety of last season, as well as this pre season and camp. And no. He hasn't looked appreciably better than the clearly mediocre fringe guy playing on his wrong side that he's replacing. And I think after 70 NHL games, I'm allowed to start making a value judgement without getting called crazy. Oh, excuse me "batshit crazy." I mean, I'll take it but ... hyperbole much?

Referees:
Gord Dwyer #19, Ghislain Hebert #22

Linesmen:
Jesse Marquis #86, Shandor Alphonso #52

We had Hebert the other night. Canes were 4-2 with him last year, 2-3 with Dwyer. Marquis is a rookie, this will be his 7th game. He’s working a split NHL/AHL schedule.

He also had the entirety of last season, as well as this pre season and camp. And no. He hasn't looked appreciably better than the clearly mediocre fringe guy playing on his wrong side that he's replacing. And I think after 70 NHL games, I'm allowed to start making a value judgement without getting called crazy. Oh, excuse me "batshit crazy." I mean, I'll take it but ... hyperbole much?

Fleury actually had a great preseason and looked better than last year, which is even more reason to let him play several games in a row to at the very least let him settle in with the same partner. Young D take time to develop and I hope the kid does not get cast off just yet.

We score on a PP. <Shock> then we give it right back... We are playing Putrid hockey atm

All 4 skaters on one side of the ice, leaving O’Reilly enough time to grow, harvest and roast the beans before having a cup of coffee all by himself in the circle.

Apathy has set in during the 1st week of November. 4th game in a row I've cut off. Won't watch Thursday. Football is on.

Please hire Quinneville.

Back