Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 258 of 258

Thread: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

  1. #241
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I remain convinced this team will please nobody.

    Those who want a playoff team, shame. They won't make it.

    Those who want a bottom 5 team, shame. They won't make it.
    then just accept what you have, as there is nothing you can do about it, just like there will be nothing you can do about the fact Nashville could go out in the first round
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  2. #242
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    then just accept what you have, as there is nothing you can do about it, just like there will be nothing you can do about the fact Nashville could go out in the first round
    I for one will not be accepting of mediocre teams.

    No one should accept mediocre teams.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  3. #243
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I for one will not be accepting of mediocre teams.

    No one should accept mediocre teams.
    then you have no choice, either stop following sports in total or jump from team to team depending on who is on top at any given time as there is nothing you can do regarding the on ice product
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  4. #244
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I for one will not be accepting of mediocre teams.

    No one should accept mediocre teams.
    And you’re going to what, exactly, other than complain here?

  5. #245
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    then you have no choice, either stop following sports in total or jump from team to team depending on who is on top at any given time as there is nothing you can do regarding the on ice product
    I don't jump from team to team, I just stop following mediocre teams until they are no longer mediocre.

    Fans seem to be getting the message as well, with declining attendance.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  6. #246
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    55,023
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I remain convinced this team will please nobody.
    This team will please the only important people...ownership consortium. All they need is 6-8 home playoff dates over a 5-year span and use all losses vs gains on their other entertainment & condo projects which are proving to be highly profitable

    As Krusty rightfully put it, the Mtl Canadiens are the most important and largest economy in Mtl. Media and sports bars are completely dependent on the org and will bend over and kiss their own ass if that’s what the org wants them to do.
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 11-09-2018 at 04:46 PM.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  7. #247
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    This team will please the only important people...ownership consortium. All they need is 6-8 home playoff dates over a 5-year span and use all losses vs gains on their other entertainment & condo projects which are proving to be highly profitable
    True.

    Cups don't matter to the ownership, being a team capable of making the playoffs and going 7 games 2 out of 5 years is enough.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  8. #248
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I don't jump from team to team, I just stop following mediocre teams until they are no longer mediocre.

    Fans seem to be getting the message as well, with declining attendance.
    I predict the Canadiens will survive your temporary abandonment.

  9. #249
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    I predict the Canadiens will survive your temporary abandonment.
    They will be just fine.

    Just far better uses of my time than to waste it watching a team going nowhere.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  10. #250
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I don't jump from team to team, I just stop following mediocre teams until they are no longer mediocre.

    Fans seem to be getting the message as well, with declining attendance.
    didn't you claim earlier it wasn't a real drop?
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  11. #251
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    didn't you claim earlier it wasn't a real drop?
    Its not. Not yet anyways.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  12. #252
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,392
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    This team will please the only important people...ownership consortium. All they need is 6-8 home playoff dates over a 5-year span and use all losses vs gains on their other entertainment & condo projects which are proving to be highly profitable

    As Krusty rightfully put it, the Mtl Canadiens are the most important and largest economy in Mtl. Media and sports bars are completely dependent on the org and will bend over and kiss their own ass if that’s what the org wants them to do.
    So 6-8 home playoff games from now to 2023 will suffice . How about using more creative financial engineering losses with the habs to offset gains in their real estate portfolios and make more .

    Then maybe when they get their shit together and put a real contender on the ice and have 30 homes dates in 5 years they can be more happy financially .

  13. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I remain convinced this team will please nobody.

    Those who want a playoff team, shame. They won't make it.

    Those who want a bottom 5 team, shame. They won't make it.
    Go and cheers for a team with identity, history, WTF you are doing in Habs board?

    I will cheer for this team no matter what, yes they are nights i get frustrated, yes it happened i haven't watched few matches and i said i will give up on them, but in reality i can't and i will NEVER cheer for any other team, specially an expansion club LOLL!

  14. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I remain convinced this team will please nobody.

    Those who want a playoff team, shame. They won't make it.

    Those who want a bottom 5 team, shame. They won't make it.
    Go and cheers for a team with no identity, history such as Preds, WTF you are doing in Habs board?

    I will cheer for this team no matter what, yes there are nights i get frustrated, yes it happened i haven't watched few matches and i said i will give up on them, but in reality i can't and i will NEVER cheer for any other team, specially an expansion club LOLL!

  15. #255
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs-25 View Post
    Go and cheers for a team with identity, history, WTF you are doing in Habs board?

    I will cheer for this team no matter what, yes they are nights i get frustrated, yes it happened i haven't watched few matches and i said i will give up on them, but in reality i can't and i will NEVER cheer for any other team, specially an expansion club LOLL!
    When did I say to cheer for another team?

    You off your meds again buddy?
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  16. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    When did I say to cheer for another team?

    You off your meds again buddy?
    That is actually you, sorry my bad, i should have talked to you when you are taking it. Next time
    You are full of $hit and negativity regarding to Habs.

    So take your meds, do us a favor and cut the BS.

    Thanks in advance,

  17. #257
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs-25 View Post
    That is actually you, sorry my bad, i should have talked to you when you are taking it. Next time
    You are full of $hit and negativity regarding to Habs.

    So take your meds, do us a favor and cut the BS.

    Thanks in advance,
    You are a very confusing and complex individual.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  18. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 16 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens - THU NOV 8TH 7:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    You are a very confusing and complex individual.
    haha, as i said talk to me when you are taking them.
    Go Preds lol

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •