• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Red Wings 11/10 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes kick off a season long 6 game homestand against the Wings.

The Canes snapped a 5 game losing streak in Chicago, racing out to a 4-0 lead and holding on for dear life in a 4-3 win. It was the rarest of games for the Canes, as the Blackhawks out shot them. Micheal Ferland missed all but 1 shift of the 3rd period with what was termed an illness. We’ll see at the morning skate. With the spacing of games. I expect that Darling will go in goal.

Since losing to the Canes on 10/22, the Wings are 5-2, including a 3-2 OT win against the Rangers last night. They’re 6-8-2 on the season, only 2 points behind the Canes. Dylan Larkin leads with 7 goals, including the game winner with 6 seconds left last night, and 16 points. Gus Nyquist has 12 assists. Jimmy Howard has played 12 games in goal and carries a 2.83/.918 stat line. He played last night, so we might see backup Jonathan Bernier, whose numbers are bad, 4.20/.873 in 5 games. The Wings PP is 8th at 25.0% but 3rd on the road at 33.3%. Their PK is 18th at 79.7% but 2nd on the road at 92.8%, allowing 2 goals in 28 opportunities.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV. They’re broadcasting a football game before the Canes game, so the beginning of the pregame show might be impacted if the game runs long.

No changes up front. Fleury draws in for TVR and is partnered with Hamilton. Darling I’m goal.

Foegele-Staal-Williams
Ferland-Aho-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Wallmark-Martinook
McGinn-Bishop-Di Giuseppe

Fleury-Hamilton
Slavin-Pesce
de Haan-Faulk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a couple of tickets that they cannot use tonight? If so, let a brother a know.

Red Wings, as noted, are actually playing fairly well. They've been especially opportunistic on the road, so Carolina really needs to manage their puck possession well tonight. Limit turnovers, grind out possessions, make them work through the whole shift. Should be something the Canes are set up to do effectively, but watch out for too much pastry from some of our creative types. That'll get us in trouble against a team that counter punches really well.

Referees:
Tom Chmielewski #18, Marc Joanette #25

Linesmen:
Derek Nansen #70, Mark Shewchyk #92

Canes were 2-2 with Spellcheck and 1-3 with Joanette last year. Both spread their calls relatively evenly across the game.

Good GDT info above. Thanks to all.

Fleury / Hamilton. Now that’s a pairing I’d like to see work out.

de Haan / Faulk is at least formulaticly correctly constructed. Defense first and offense at best.

Selecting this game for 'Gold level' pricing was epic stupidity by whoever made that decision. Attendance tonight is going to be horrible based on current ticket availability.

Selecting this game for 'Gold level' pricing was epic stupidity by whoever made that decision. Attendance tonight is going to be horrible based on current ticket availability.

Data and software drive these decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Entertaining first period...good to see the fourth line contributing on the score sheet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same shit, different year. So sick of watching the same garbage time and time again. Time to lower the old give a shit meter with this team.

We got talent... Just not in good things. finding ways to lose maing backup goalies looks like the second coming of Prime Hasek

Peters was right. Make a f’n save. Darling should have had all 3 of their goals.

Same shit, different year. So sick of watching the same garbage time and time again. Time to lower the old give a shit meter with this team.
It's not the same as last year, Skinner is having his best year yet at a point plus per game and a plus 11. Sorry, forgot he wasn't a Cane anymore. Why did we trade him for a bag of pucks again?

Couldn't bring myself to post after returning from the game last night. Completely inexcusable performance in the 3rd period and even worse in OT. I've never see such a listless performance in OT before. We won every face off and then immediately took it behind the net for 20 seconds or so, like we were afraid to take it out of our zone. Something like 52 shots in regulation play and 0 in OT.

Darling could have/should have stopped all 3 of their goals. But it's not just on him. Our 2nd period play was fantastic, except that we could have scored another couple of goals if someone on this team can shoot straight or is willing to capitalize when the puck presents itself. After a hot start, this team has gone cold.

Back