• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #20: Raps @ Celtics 7pm, Leafs @ Ducks 10pm, Going for 1st Place Doubleheader

Obviously had to keep sparks.

But there are plenty of examples of career ahl goalie superstars who can't hack it in the NHL. From what I've seen he may be one of them.

He’s got bad fundamentals. Why wasn’t he in the butterfly there? Just awkward crap.

Hes usually all crumpled up and small when he is in the butterfly. I wanted to see if he could be one of those unconventional goalies who just were good regardless of look awkward and I'm not seeing it so far.

We dont have much of a choice but to ride with him but I'll be surprised if he turns into an average backup or better.

If he's junk in his next game or two I'd pluck the next journeyman backup on waivers.

It's not even just about his numbers. Even when he makes saves it looks like they're going in. And it's not just awkward like Mac was.. it's just constant discomfort and technically horrible goaltending.

They had to give him a chance. No choice really. But it's hard to ignore how bad he's looked. Doesn't look like he belongs in the show.

Sparks is very small in the net for a big guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's junk in his next game or two I'd pluck the next journeyman backup on waivers.

It's not even just about his numbers. Even when he makes saves it looks like they're going in. And it's not just awkward like Mac was.. it's just constant discomfort and technically horrible goaltending.

They had to give him a chance. No choice really. But it's hard to ignore how bad he's looked. Doesn't look like he belongs in the show.

Agreed. Nobody is picking him up on waivers after this anyway.

Where in the **** was sparks going there and why was he way outside the net when zaitsev ran into him?

Giant Anaheim blob in front of Sparks. He's given up one goal. Yet post after post about how awful he is. Strange stuff.

Whole teams been bad.

Hard not to comment on how awkward every save looks. Don't really think it's unreasonable either given his track record this year, to say that despite the score, he still looks shaky as ****.

Back