• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 11/18 5:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
After a dud last night, the Canes face the Devils.

Will we see the lines and pairings as they started or finished? Svechnikov fans McGinn swapped lines, Hamilton and TVR swapped partners. McElhinney goes in goal.

The Devils sit 1 point behind the Canes with 18 points in 18 games. Like the Canes, they are at NHL .500. They lost to Detroit in OT yesterday afternoon. Kyle Palmieri has 11 goals in 20 points, Taylor Hall has 14 assists. Keith Kincaid has supplanted Corey Schneider in goal but he went last night so we probably see Schneider. His numbers are brutal, 4.82/.849 in 4 games. The Devils are 9th in road pp at 24.1% and 15th in road PK at 78.8%.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV

There's nothing worse that preparing to sit through a Devils game, especially when we seem to becoming less of a scoring threat as the still young season wears on. We are playing horrific hockey, despite what Brindy is saying. Time for Justin Williams to earn his Captaincy and kick some butt in the locker room. Sure, he's part of the problem, but somebody needs to step up and try to turn this ship around.

Amanda Stein, who appears to be the Michael Smith of the Devils, confirmed in Twitter that Schneider is in goal. Hischier, Santini and Boyle are out.

30 seconds in...and I already wish I picked tonight's game instead of last night's game on my ticket plan!

After 30 seconds we went flat... at least we started a game on time... too bad we don't have more jam to back it up.

We play like that and we'll get smoked by Toronto. Still losing board battles, still passing to skates. And often the passes seem soft. Did see Ferland finish some checks, but also seemed to have a lot of guys avoiding checks. We'll only beat bad teams playing that soft. glad we managed to do so tonight

Typical Jersey sludge fest. Sadly, McElhinney is just more solid than our “#1”.
Did, spend some time watching deHaan tonight. Not spectacular but the dude is just solid in his own end. Good pickup.

We play like that and we'll get smoked by Toronto. Still losing board battles, still passing to skates. And often the passes seem soft. Did see Ferland finish some checks, but also seemed to have a lot of guys avoiding checks. We'll only beat bad teams playing that soft. glad we managed to do so tonight

+1 Boardwork! If I was coaching I’d pull all my hair out watching the effort. Soft, avoiding checks most of the time, missed nets and opportunities all game long, no resemblance of a 60 minute effort, just spurts of ok hockey. If not for Curtis and the fact it was the Devils, that was worthy of another loss. Where is the team from the first five games in terms of effort and physical play?

After an incredibly hot start, it was cold leftovers the rest of the game. Typical New Jersey snorefest. The entire 3rd period seemed like we were just lofting pucks out of our zone and didn't really care if we got possession or not. Yeah we got the win, but it almost doesn't feel like we deserved it.

I’ll take a win any day against a division rival and perhaps this game was a needed type— forced the lads to play with a lead and close out a low scoring affair. I did see board battles won and better defense this game, but the style of play has changed since the first five games of the season. Earlier, the team reminded me of the play we had under Lavi— rolling 4lines, swarming, physical, fast play. Not so much lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back