• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

its not trolling, its expressing a perfectly valid opinion related to the topic of the thread. the president's comments about this incident were out of line. by saying what he said, the implication is like saying, yeah, this kid died, but it could have been MY kid, which would have been even worse.

Re: OT - Canadian Politics

transferable votes SUCK. it is an abominable system, and it should never be allowed anywhere NEAR any canadian election that means anything. i think its kinda fitting that the party that has pushed the hardest for these kinds of wacky voting systems is having trouble with it at their own convention.

The people that respond to these trolls just like to listen to themselves talk. I think there are a lot of intelligent people on here and you should be comfortable to write a nice post even if there is no troll to make it easier.

its not trolling, its expressing a perfectly valid opinion related to the topic of the thread. the president's comments about this incident were out of line. by saying what he said, the implication is like saying, yeah, this kid died, but it could have been MY kid, which would have been even worse.

tumblr_lp9orf8KfH1qca4iqo1_400.gif

wish i could say you are making a mountain out of a mole hill but there isnt even a mole hill

With Nash out now Cullen could be the king-maker, and you'd have to think he would support Mulcair before Topp.

transferable votes SUCK. it is an abominable system, and it should never be allowed anywhere NEAR any canadian election that means anything. i think its kinda fitting that the party that has pushed the hardest for these kinds of wacky voting systems is having trouble with it at their own convention.

It's not the transferrable votes, it's the electronic voting at home. They didn't budget for the stupidity of people who don't know how to vote online.

With Nash out now Cullen could be the king-maker, and you'd have to think he would support Mulcair before Topp.

The big question is how Nash's votes go. Unless if Topp can get 3/4 of her delegates, probably not enough for him to come and challenge Mulcair in this one.

You just have to find fault with everything that Obama does.

It's not your fault. It's just your inner douche nozzle trying to get out.

As I like quotes, one in particular comes to mind.

"you have the rest of your life to be an *******. Take a day off."

Re: OT: Canadian Politics

Cullen gone now. Down to Topp and Mulcair. Mulcair with 44%, Topp 32%. Looks like Mulcair should be able to pull it off, as he's pulling in a good number of 2nd place votes.

Whenever politicians "wades" into a controversy, there is always a calculated intent.....for votes.

Here is an opinion piece...

Four years ago, black Americans mobilized to elect one of their own president of the United States. When asked, the overwhelming majority of black Americans still say they support Barack Obama. But the old enthusiasm has dwindled.

The economic crisis of 2008 hit black America hard, and the recovery since 2009 has largely passed black America by. Black unemployment rates look like something out of the Great Depression: Almost half of young black men cannot find work.

The cool, cerebral Obama does not much comfort or inspire those out of work, black or white. He is not an “I feel your pain” kind of politician.

While nobody doubts that Obama will carry 90% or more of the black vote in November, a lot of people have wondered how high the black turnout will be. If dispirited black Americans stay home in large numbers, Obama’s re-election challenge becomes that much greater. But what could possibly inspire them to the polls?

The answer may have just arrived — in the tragic form of the killing of a teenaged boy, Trayvon Martin.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...martin-and-the-backlash-against-the-backlash/

Thomas Mulcair wins the NDP leadership race and is now Leader of the Opposition.

Thomas Mulcair wins the NDP leadership race and is now Leader of the Opposition.

I would like to thank the NDP for picking someone who is going to give Bob Rae fits, keep the Liberals down in the polls and keep the Lefties divided.

nah. can't be true, HA. frum's gotta be a f*cking moron, just like me. to suggest that his comments were a cynical political ploy is just buffoonery.

Back