• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

MB “had the balls” to dump team cheerleader Gorges, and fan favorite Subban without much care in the world...he’s cold blooded at doing his job. Lack of balls is not one of his faults.

please he traded Subban for reasons other than what was on the ice

Price has been his meal ticket for years, no way he trades him (anyway he has a NMC)

please he traded Subban for reasons other than what was on the ice

Price has been his meal ticket for years, no way he trades him (anyway he has a NMC)
Please, you and I both know if a deal is worked to send Price somewhere Angela likes he'd waive.

Please, you and I both know if a deal is worked to send Price somewhere Angela likes he'd waive.
If Nero trades another star to long term just after signing, what UFA worth his salt will ever sign with us again?

If Nero trades another star to long term just after signing, what UFA worth his salt will ever sign with us again?
Oh I don't think he'll move Price either, I was just saying the NMC isn't that important if they want to move.

The media in Toronto is stupid.

That's not unique to Toronto.

In a nutshell, reporters that concentrate on one sport don't have a wide range of topics to talk about. It essentially leads to random conversation, which includes stupidity.

That would be dumb. We have plenty of other assets.

Well It depends what kind of dman you want.

If youre expecting OEL or Doughty caliber you better expect to have to lose one of those two.

Last edited:

Depends on the defenceman involved.

I wouldn't say a trade is dumb before knowing what the Leafs are getting for Marner.

In theory, sure.

Realistically though? My guess is if you make a list of defensemen worth trading Marner for, none of them are guys their teams are going to make available. And the ones that are made available are usually made available for a reason that precludes you from having to give up a Marner or Nylander level guy.

In theory, sure.

Realistically though? My guess is if you make a list of defensemen worth trading Marner for, none of them are guys their teams are going to make available. And the ones that are made available are usually made available for a reason that precludes you from having to give up a Marner or Nylander level guy.

But what the Leafs need are exactly the defenseman that you need to trade one of mRner or Nylander.

bozak, JVR or kadri are not names that will net you a top two dman.

I think we need a top 4 defenseman (and for our goalie to stop being sub .900) and we have more than enough assets to acquire one. I’m not sure why Doughty would be made available at this point... maybe as a pending UFA and then he wouldn’t cost a Marner or Nylander.

But what the Leafs need are exactly the defenseman that you need to trade one of mRner or Nylander.

bozak, JVR or kadri are not names that will net you a top two dman.

They won't move either or unless it's a young stud D like Jones when he went to Columbus .

Maybe under previous moronic regimes but not under this group.

At this point they are years ahead of schedule . If no deal is available they sit and keep developing their kids .

There is no pressure to make a panic move .

Back