• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What should we do with 67?

worst.gif

You cant let this drag past the draft and closer to July 1 UFA period . If it goes in season your screwed as you are forced to ink an extension or force a deal with no leverage if you cant settle on a contract .

I have no issue with 67 if we had the contending pieces around him , but we dont.

The "issue" with him is that he's turning 29 and is appears to be in decline. I would not give him the contract he will want so trade him this season for the best return possible.

We all know that ain't happening...Bergy ain't trading him....we are 2 points out of a playoff spot, and we will remain around a playoff spot all year thanks to Price

But we all agree that Max's next long term contract should be with another team...

You just dont know with Max if he's just in a bit of a slump or really in the start of a decline. That's the problem.

The "issue" with him is that he's turning 29 and is appears to be in decline. I would not give him the contract he will want so trade him this season for the best return possible.

The "issue" is he is the Captain..no easy feat being in Montreal. He be fine if he wasn't ..

Trade his ass - and no Max for a multi player deal either. Quality over quantity please. One for one player deal only.

then make Gallagher captain

I don't think he is in decline at all Krusty . He is what he is a streaky scorer.

My only issue is age and new contract coming at 30 with 6 and 31 on mega deals.

If the team had upside it's a no brainer to retain him .

I don't agree with this youth on our side talk , along with our vets it's not the right recipe to push forward in the playoffs.

You just dont know with Max if he's just in a bit of a slump or really in the start of a decline. That's the problem.

This regime has to know if this is the start of a decline . They have eyes on every practice /game .

You have to notice if he has lost a step or his release and shot isn't what it used to be .

It's tough for us just watching a game to make a conclusion after his consistent 30 plus goals over the last 5 years .

Gallagher is still a big kid, watch him give an interview on camera. Maybe he's a bit camera /media shy, but I don't know if that's what the team wants from a captain in today's world. Ideally someone who leads on the ice is what you want, but it's 2017 and its Montreal.

We all know that ain't happening...Bergy ain't trading him....we are 2 points out of a playoff spot, and we will remain around a playoff spot all year thanks to Price

But we all agree that Max's next long term contract should be with another team...

Maybe he trades him for a player that can help us more right now.

Like Wayne Simmonds :thumbup1:

If we trade him we better be getting 35 goals and a cap hit that doesn't screw us in return. If we are trying to "win" I would like to keep him and add a player. Not substitute.

I only trade Patch if/when we are officially rebuilding.

Last edited:
Back