• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Round 1, Game 5 | Canadiens @ Rangers | April 20, 2017 | 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's discouraging is the lack of energy and jump they had in the 3rd and especially in OT

Markov already looks like he has no more juice and Pleks had a difficult night too.

I think they're cooked

Bergevin really needs to address the issue of a #2 dman and two centers

Bergevin needs to be fired.

I don't think this group of core players can be maintained given the age and contract profiles.

What's discouraging is the lack of energy and jump they had in the 3rd and especially in OT

Markov already looks like he has no more juice and Pleks had a difficult night too.

I think they're cooked

He's had 5 years to do this....what makes you think in one summer he will be able to do it ?

I think we need to blow this thing apart, and go the Leafs route....even if we beat the Rangers, next year we will get destroyed by a healthy Tampa team, a better Pens team (with Letang), etc

oh look... blaming price.

Kessel.gif all around.

Price is not the reason we are losing but he is the reason we are not winning. So far, he has been eclipse by Lunqwvist. For the "goaltender" that is supposed to be the best in the world, it doesn't show.

He is doing well, yes, but he should do more since we expect more.

Same goes to a bunch of our players by the way, not just him.

Right now, Ranger's best player have been better than ours.

Kreider showed his first signs of life & got his first point last night in OT. Same with Mikko Z. First time I noticed Stepan & Hayes all series - are they just waking up or was it a one of?

Nash vs Radulov have been a wash.

The difference in this series IMO has been NYR overall team's playoff experience vs Habs

Last edited:
Price has a 0.936 save % and a 1.82 goals against.

Has he stolen a game? No. But he isn't the reason the team isn't winning. The team can't score!

Last night the team looked completely dead in the 3rd and OT. They came out in the first and tried to hit everything that moved. You seen the effects of that later in the game when nobody had any legs left.

MB needs to be fired as he has not addressed the biggest needs of this club. These needs need to be addressed, no matter how far you go in the playoffs.

They need at least 2 top 6 forwards. One MUST be a Center.

They need a top pairing LHD. Markov isn't the answer. He would be great to come back next year at around 3-4 million and play PP and third pairing minutes.

Price is not the reason we are losing but he is the reason we are not winning. So far, he has been eclipse by Lunqwvist. For the "goaltender" that is supposed to be the best in the world, it doesn't show.

Really? Other than Nash, their best forwards have been MIA. Their 4th line has been their best line. Like I said, it's pathetic that we're down 3-2.

Understood.....Price is not to blame. Everyone on this board agrees with this (except 1 poster).

The sad thing is this: we as fans have been telling management for years that building your team solely on the premise that Price will stand on his head for 4 rounds won't work.......sadly, Bergevin actually gets paid big bucks to make these decisions.

Understood.....Price is not to blame. Everyone on this board agrees with this (except 1 poster).

The sad thing is this: we as fans have been telling management for years that building your team solely on the premise that Price will stand on his head for 4 rounds won't work.......sadly, Bergevin actually gets paid big bucks to make these decisions.

I know it's insane that he still has a job in my eyes. Same with Timmons. How can you **** up soooo many first round picks. Granted they have done well in the 2-5 rounds. So maybe keep him and only let him speak for those rounds. Let's hire some guys who can pick quality talent between 15-25.

McGuire said a while back his BFF had offered up a Malkin for Subban swap the Nov of his last season as GM - can't recall when Shero was canned.

Another talking head had said MB turned down a deal his first season as GM at the deadline - speculating it was Forsberg for Eller + asset w MB reluctant to give up an additional pick

If either or both are accurate, those are grounds for dismissal - especially since Jr has been adamant he has final say on moves.

I know it's insane that he still has a job in my eyes. Same with Timmons. How can you **** up soooo many first round picks. Granted they have done well in the 2-5 rounds. So maybe keep him and only let him speak for those rounds. Let's hire some guys who can pick quality talent between 15-25.

Molson's first mistake (after buying the team) is to appoint himself President. He should have let Boivin continue....now, there's no accountability

You're an owner, why do you need to name yourself President ? You can do the same from your owner's chair.

McGuire said a while back his BFF had offered up a Malkin for Subban swap the Nov of his last season as GM - can't recall when Shero was canned.

Another talking head had said MB turned down a deal his first season as GM at the deadline - speculating it was Forsberg for Eller + asset w MB reluctant to give up an additional pick

I don't believe this.....it's the other way around....Pens said no thanks. Just like Oilers said no thanks to Subban.

You're an owner, why do you need to name yourself President ? You can do the same from your owner's chair.

That's the thing he's not the "owner" he's the head of a consortium, big difference, he's just Claude Brochu in disguise

If either or both are accurate, those are grounds for dismissal - especially since Jr has been adamant he has final say on moves.

I don't think poile is that goddamn stupid.

I think they're cooked

They need to IV during intermission. Like in that show Billions.

Price has let in three very stoppable five hole goals the last two games. Sure the Habs need to score more but come on already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back