• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Round 1, Game 5 | Canadiens @ Rangers | April 20, 2017 | 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Pacioretty needs to score goals.
2 Markov looks his age.
3 King should be in press box.

Ya, king has been awful.

But he did score versus the Rangers in the cup final all those years ago, maybe he can be a Ranger killer again...at some point...hopefully...

King is big and tough though....

I actually have not hated King as much as others have.

Ya, king has been awful.

But he did score versus the Rangers in the cup final all those years ago, maybe he can be a Ranger killer again...at some point...hopefully...

that reminds me of Gainey's rational for keeping Moen around....even though it was no secret to anyone that Moen wouldn't put in the extra effort because he didn't want to get injured as he was approaching retirement

King is big and tough though....

I actually have not hated King as much as others have.
McCarron is bigger and tougher and could probably produce just as much offense as King.

AKA, not much.

That said, the issues the habs have been having against the rangers is scoring goals, and tinkering with the 4th line isn't going to address that so King doesn't bother me that much.

He's awful but largely irrelevant.

McCarron is bigger and tougher and could probably produce just as much offense as King.

AKA, not much.

That said, the issues the habs have been having against the rangers is scoring goals, and tinkering with the 4th line isn't going to address that so King doesn't bother me that much.

SO we should insert McCarron, have him take out Lundqvist, get suspended, and reinsert King?

Brilliant!

Looks like Julien is going back to the lines that started Game 4.

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Shaw
King - Ott - Mitchell

...also looks like Emelin is back tonight.

Markov - Weber
Benn - Petry
Beaulieu - Emelin

The glaring need for a top line center is blinding. Hoping Bergevin call coax Shipachyov out of Russia because I don't see another alternative.

SO we should insert McCarron, have him take out Lundqvist, get suspended, and reinsert King?

Brilliant!

I see no reason why one our forwards couldn't accidentally ram into the Model like Nash did to Price.

I also think McDonagh is starting to act like a little bitch so he needs a good hit from behind head first into the boards. Kreider was also starting to hit from behind, although he still soils himself if Weber gets within 10 feet of him.

The glaring need for a top line center is blinding. Hoping Bergevin call coax Shipachyov out of Russia because I don't see another alternative.

I highly doubt he is a top line centre. Yes we need one but really is a career KHL guy the one? I also query whether he would leave Russia now that Bettman has decided no Olympics.

AKA, not much.

Well Tinkering our 4th line produced our only goal last game (Mitchell) and since we are desperate for goals, I'd go myself as far as thinking it again. I love Ott so far on the 4th. He is much faster than some people were making it (or because King is so slow, he looks fast) and he is good on the draws. King need to be replace by about anyone and it would be an upgrade. Is Flyyn still alive? He is the kind of player that when you bring back to the lineup, he seems to spark stuff and unlike King, has actual speed and could score a goal if given the chance.

I hope at some point we see this line up:
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron- Danault - Shaw
Flynn - Ott - Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back