• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly: Game #4: Blackhawks @ Canadiens

Good post. That's quite the team you've built there, Marc......did we expect anything less? I didn't. Trading Subban was the last straw for me, and its been hard to tune in since.Maybe when management changes again there will be some excitement for awhile, but it'll likely be the same old, same old within a short period of time.There's never been any real change for a generation.

No, I really didnt expect more. Maybe the last 2 preseason games gave us a little hope but if you look at the make up of the team...its the same one that struggled to score last year. I realize the shooting % is unsustainable, but do we expect a huge turn around ?

I also agree re: Subban. As lame as it is to lament at this point, it is hard to imagine he wouldnt have made something happen the last few games. I like Weber but he really doesnt move the needle very much.

Re: The Good The Bad & The Ugly: Game #4: Blackhawks @ Canadiens

It's part of the gig. Therrien was the least of our problems for years but was blamed almost daily.
Ok, because people like being obtuse I'll try to make it clear without the use of a bouncing ball to music...

Price is not the problem, what he is though is the only possible way this team can win. At $10.5m he needs to be superhuman, otherwise it's just another terrible contract by Bergevin. You could play Lindgren and buy two offensive players with that money and likely get the same, if not more, amount of wins.

No, I really didnt expect more. Maybe the last 2 preseason games gave us a little hope but if you look at the make up of the team...its the same one that struggled to score last year. I realize the shooting % is unsustainable, but do we expect a huge turn around ?

I also agree re: Subban. As lame as it is to lament at this point, it is hard to imagine he wouldnt have made something happen the last few games. I like Weber but he really doesnt move the needle very much.

Weber is the WRONG fit for the habs.

Weber had Josi. Fast, Molibe, amazing passer. A 1B. Weber hasn't had that in Montreal, this is year two of playing with a scrub on the top pairing.

Weber had Nashville forwards. Forwards on the preds paid the price and got to the front of the net, blocked the goalies vision, and that allows Webers bomb to make it through. Also, overplay Weber and Josi made you pay. The habs forwards group, minus Gallagher, don't get in front of the net, don't screen very Well, and thus goalies can see, and get a piece of Weber shot. The downside to Weber was that he was a lock to injure one of his net crashing teammates a year, but the preds paid the price none the less. Habs forwards are a bunch of cowards.

Weber is a great d man when put in the position to succeed, the habs have failed to find him a true top pairing partner and failed to get the forwards on the team to take away the opposition goalies eyes.

After last post season, the off season, the pre-season , and the way they look to start .. the only response to this thread I can muster is.....Who cares..

The off-season soured me on this team. It was one of the worst off-seasons i've seen in a long time for any of my favorite sports teams.

You could probably get a King's ransom for Weber at deadline.

Hard to say. He might, but he's older now. You're not gonna get a Subban in return this time.

I think Pacioretty is our best bullet for the deadline.

Our issue is with Berg in charge a sell-off won't happen. A GM in his spot needs to win, not sell. And frankly, he can't be the guy allowed to be in charge of a rebuild that anyway. It needs to be the next GM.

Last edited:
The off-season soured me on this team. It was one of the worst off-seasons i've seen in a long time for any of my favorite sports teams.

Getting Drouin was a great start but losing Radulov three weeks later was bad. Very bad. Drouin should have been an addition, not a replacement.

Getting Drouin was a great start but losing Radulov three weeks later was bad. Very bad. Drouin should have been an addition, not a replacement.

I like Drouin, but he has a lot to prove and so far nothing is clicking - plus he's not a C.

And the defense puck-mover wasn't addressed. Alzner is fine, but he was always going to be the most overpaid free agent d-man in the class. We're the team that did it.

It will be very interesting to see what happens come deadline, should this team continue to struggle....particularly if they are clearly not a contender but are within reach of the playoffs. The proper thing to do would be to hold on to cap space and try and make a splash in the offseason ( Tavares?). Would MB use it in a desperate, fruitless trade ?

Also , if we suck all season, do we sign 67 to a big contract ? or let him walk (proper thing)

It will be very interesting to see what happens come deadline, should this team continue to struggle....particularly if they are clearly not a contender but are within reach of the playoffs. The proper thing to do would be to hold on to cap space and try and make a splash in the offseason ( Tavares?). Would MB use it in a desperate, fruitless trade ?

Also , if we suck all season, do we sign 67 to a big contract ? or let him walk (proper thing)

Let him walk? LET HIM WALK?!

Trade his playoff slumping, leadership lacking ass off for the best return you can muster, **** letting him walk. Stop letting players with value walk. Maximize the returns, stop losing assets for nothing.

Let him walk... this org would too, just making our problem of no prospects even worst.

Let him walk? LET HIM WALK?!

Trade his playoff slumping, leadership lacking ass off for the best return you can muster, **** letting him walk. Stop letting players with value walk. Maximize the returns, stop losing assets for nothing.

Let him walk... this org would too, just making our problem of no prospects even worst.

Sure, except......not happening

Problem is 67 is the only legitimate goal scorer we have.

It's sad but people wonder why we slump so badly at scoring...well simply put we don't have many players that know how to put the puck in the net.

Problem is 67 is the only legitimate goal scorer we have.

It's sad but people wonder why we slump so badly at scoring...well simply put we don't have many players that know how to put the puck in the net.

Pacioretty is our best bullet for the trade deadline. He can bring back multiple draft picks including a 1st rounder. He's key to the rebuild.

You trade Pacioretty. You don't let him walk.

Back