• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly: Game #1: Canadiens @ Sabres

On a side note, LA is going through a transition, I wonder if we can talk them out of Kopitar. Even though he's older I'd move Chucky for him too.

You want that contract for 7 more years . I think the Kopitar decline has begun at 30 and with Brown , Gabs those contracts are killers. The Kings should look at moving Doughty for a King's ransom before his massive extension is due .

Their window is shut time to start gutting.

Drouin had a great debut... pretty pass to max... pretty goal.

The PP I didn't think was that bad. It didn't score, but the puck moved well.

Mete didn't look like a 19 year old in his first NHL game, played 18:43 and didn't look out of place. I kind of believe Julien when he says that the plan IS NOT to send Mete down after 9 games but keep him.

Danault's goal felt lucky. Needed that break.

Streit sucks. They need Schlemko. Hell I'd waive Morrow now and call up Jerabek.

But... he has the best CORSI of all of our d-man last night.

But... he has the best CORSI of all of our d-man last night.

Extremely sheltered. Only 10 minutes of 5v5 ice.

5 minutes lower than all the other D including Mete.

I haven't dug into it, but looking at the ice time it wouldn't surprise me if the zone starts and quality of competition were heavy in his favor too.

I'm generally happy with the way everyone played in this game.

There are clear issues on defense, but Price is ****ing unreal - so if we can manage mediocre offence we probably will make the playoffs.

Chucky, if he stays, needs to be moved to the 2nd PP unit... let him set up on the half wall for one timers. He was trying on the 1st unit, but someone was always in his favourite spot, Max during the first period and Drouin during the second. Drouin looked good offensively but take too many hits like the one he took at centre ice, got to keep his head up after he makes a pass. Mete look good, they need someone better than Streit on he bottom pairing and Alzner needs to stay on the bench during 3 on 3, not that good of a skater to keep up. Wish they would give Galchenyuk a few shifts between Hudon and Lekkenon

Chucky was gonna bury one on the PP, but Gallagher got in the way (like he's supposed to). Chuck looked dangerous a lot tonight.

Chucky was gonna bury one on the PP, but Gallagher got in the way (like he's supposed to). Chuck looked dangerous a lot tonight.

I like Chucky on the first PP.

I like that unit with Hemsky off of it.

Gally screening
Drouin QBing
Three options to shoot (Weber, Patch, Chucky).

Moves the puck well too.

That unit will be dangerous this year IMO.

I like Chucky on the first PP.

I like that unit with Hemsky off of it.

Gally screening
Drouin QBing
Three options to shoot (Weber, Patch, Chucky).

Moves the puck well too.

That unit will be dangerous this year IMO.

Agreed... might give Lehkonen a chance on it too.

Back