• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pacioretty

McDavid is so much better than Matthews that it wont make for a interesting rivalry. That and the fact they play twice a year.

Two near equal talents in the same division makes for the best rivalries and that dynamic has just died with Ovechkins play falling off a cliff.
Whatever the margin of difference between McDavid and Matthews will be more than made up by the Leafs being a significantly better team than the Oilers - which can only add fuel to the rivalry

That's because aside from Crosby and Ovechkin nobody really gives a shit about the Pens or Caps.

At any rate, it's not much of a rivalry. Crosby has come out on top in any game between the two clubs that mattered.

Ya, Crosby> Ovechkin at the end of the day, but at one point at least it was debateable.

Not the case going forward.

It's the death of a good sporting rivalry. Crosby versus Ovechkin.

Two superstars always near the top of the league in points and goals.

Now Crosby is still being Crosby, but Ovechkin is playing at a Wayne Simmonds level. The only peer player to Crosby is McDavid, for however long Crosby can keep up that level of play. And they only play twice a year. The Crosby Ovechkin duels of the past were things of beauty, and I will miss them personally.

I don't see any great rivals coming out of the group of young stars we have. McDavid is better than all of them. Matthews is second best, and I don't think anyone is close to him. Then their is Eichel way down in third.

Laine is better than both Matthews and Eichel.

Laine vs McJesus will be great.

It's the death of a good sporting rivalry. Crosby versus Ovechkin.

Two superstars always near the top of the league in points and goals.

Now Crosby is still being Crosby, but Ovechkin is playing at a Wayne Simmonds level. The only peer player to Crosby is McDavid, for however long Crosby can keep up that level of play. And they only play twice a year. The Crosby Ovechkin duels of the past were things of beauty, and I will miss them personally.

I don't see any great rivals coming out of the group of young stars we have. McDavid is better than all of them. Matthews is second best, and I don't think anyone is close to him. Then their is Eichel way down in third.

Not even close....Crosby is a winner, Stanley cups, Olympics, world cup and a better overall player.

Ovechkin has won nothing and has never really carried a team anywhere near what Crosby has done

I Dont agree with that

Laine doesnt have the two way game

If I have a #1 center already I take Laine over Mathews.

he's the more dynamic offensive force.

But if I desperately need a center it's a hard call to make

If I have a #1 center already I take Laine over Mathews.

he's the more dynamic offensive force.

But if I desperately need a center it's a hard call to make
There is a very small difference in point production. Laine plays with scheifele and perreault.

Matthews plays with hyman (zero offence) plus some games split between nylander and connor brown rotating on his line.

Im not sure laine is more dynamic

Except no one cares about the Jets outside Manitoba so it won't be as big a deal.

Lot's of Jets fans across Canada. A great player will get coverage no matter where they play.

Getting back to the topic, I really hope Max gets 40. And to think several here wanted him traded after his slow start. Makes you realize that most fans do not know what they are talking about.

Lot's of Jets fans across Canada. A great player will get coverage no matter where they play.

Getting back to the topic, I really hope Max gets 40. And to think several here wanted him traded after his slow start. Makes you realize that most fans do not know what they are talking about.
Lots? Please

There is a very small difference in point production. Laine plays with scheifele and perreault.

Matthews plays with hyman (zero offence) plus some games split between nylander and connor brown rotating on his line.

Im not sure laine is more dynamic

It's about a 7-10 point difference over 82 games. Laine missed time due to injury and has played 6 or 7 less games than Matthews, yet still has more goals and points than him.

I like Matthews a lot, but I like Laine more.

Laine is younger.

It's about a 7-10 point difference over 82 games. Laine missed time due to injury and has played 6 or 7 less games than Matthews, yet still has more goals and points than him.

I like Matthews a lot, but I like Laine more.

Laine is younger.

Matthews is carrying a line with two other rookies and is great in both ends.

Laine is playing with the 4th leading scorer in the NHL (and a guy who broke out last year, before Laine arrived in Schiefele).

Someone actually thinks that Laine is a better player than Matthews? There's only one poster here who would actually claim that. Laine has a better wrist shot, that's it.

As a guy that has lived in Winnipeg for a lot of my life I have always liked them... so I want Laine to be better. I just don't think he is.

I rate the 4 young studs as such...

McDavid
Matthews
Eichel
Laine

That's not even a knock on Laine either... it's just amazing how good those young centres are. It's so much tougher a position for a 18, 19, 20 year old especially.

Back