• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

We Have a Trade: Redmond for Deslauriers

Markov for nothing, Radulov for nothing, Vanek for nothing, Beaulieau too late, Emelin too late, Pleks will be too late.

It's not about regrettable loss. It's about anticipating the talent and knowing when to turn it over. I don't give a shit about winning dink and dunk trades like Weise. This teams only legitimate addition to the core under Bergevin cost us a player that was going to be core (Sergachev). 5 years, nothing else? That's crazy.

Radulov was a 1 year UFA contract, how were you expecting to get assets out of him when we were sitting at the top of the division?
Vanek was a rental? Again I don't get it.

I could hear the argument about Markov and Plekanec even though they were still core players at positions we had trouble filling.

Radulov was a 1 year UFA contract, how were you expecting to get assets out of him when we were sitting at the top of the division?
Vanek was a rental? Again I don't get it.

I could hear the argument about Markov and Plekanec even though they were still core players at positions we had trouble filling.

Likelihood of signing aside. You traded something and ended up with nothing. If you can't resign guys, attract free agents or develop players, you should manage your assets.

Bergevin mangages in fear. Fear that he can't unload a contract after the fact. Radulov as an example, if we offer 1mil more than Dallas he is here and we are better. If it becomes a cap issue later, you find a way to trade him. See the Blackhawks if you need NUMEROUS examples.

What hysteria? I know they didn't cost much to get! The point is to make the team better.

Not happening at pro scout level
Drafting
Free agency
Trade

Pro scouting is likely the least concerning of all of those things. But like I said... all these low risk low reward moves have got us NOWHERE.

Got Danault, Byron, Petry out of those moves, it's a start. There hasn't been much on the UFA market the past few years, I'm glad we've been staying away for the most part. I guess we still got Alzner this year and Radulov the year before, and Petry the other year before.

Drafting is the root cause of not being able to pull more significant moves via trade.

Got Danault, Byron, Petry out of those moves, it's a start. There hasn't been much on the UFA market the past few years, I'm glad we've been staying away for the most part. I guess we still got Alzner this year and Radulov the year before, and Petry the other year before.

Drafting is the root cause of not being able to pull more significant moves via trade.

Agree.

Just sick off bolstering the bottom half of the roster while ignoring glaring needs.

Bolstering the bottom is easier and can make a difference. The problem is that every time we do something at the top it tends to be sideways. Subban vs Weber. Radulov vs Drouin (Sergachev). Danault emerges at the same time Plekanec declines. Byron/Lehkonen emerges when Gallagher declines. We're running in circles.

Bolstering the bottom is easier and can make a difference. The problem is that every time we do something at the top it tends to be sideways. Subban vs Weber. Radulov vs Drouin (Sergachev). Danault emerges at the same time Plekanec declines. Byron/Lehkonen emerges when Gallagher declines. We're running in circles.

I would not be surprised to see Gallagher have a monster season. He is way to young to say he is on the decline yet. Plus he has had bad luck with injuries.

His hand injury is a concern when it comes to his ability to shoot.

His first couple of years I remeber him sniping from the faceoff circle but not sure his shot has enough in it to score from that area anymore..now he pretty much needs to be a couple of feet from the net

Likelihood of signing aside. You traded something and ended up with nothing. If you can't resign guys, attract free agents or develop players, you should manage your assets.

Bergevin mangages in fear. Fear that he can't unload a contract after the fact. Radulov as an example, if we offer 1mil more than Dallas he is here and we are better. If it becomes a cap issue later, you find a way to trade him. See the Blackhawks if you need NUMEROUS examples.

Cmon the Hawks are not our example to follow . When you got rings plugged in your ears teams do whatever to retain their core and deal with the clusterfk later like LA is going through now , being too loyal and trying to move their junk on some one else .

Our problem is atrocious asset management , waiting til the bitter end knowing we are not going to keep our players and getting zilch in return .

I have no issue having to deal with bad contracts or a fked up cap later in the cycle if you had a LEGIT sustained run of 5-6 years of maybe a few finals and semis but just coming up short but playing on par with the elite .

Hanging onto our vets with no depth at the prospect level to trade for core pieces is futile when you arent contending , we fked up .

Cmon the Hawks are not our example to follow . When you got rings plugged in your ears teams do whatever to retain their core and deal with the clusterfk later like LA is going through now , being too loyal and trying to move their junk on some one else .

Our problem is atrocious asset management , waiting til the bitter end knowing we are not going to keep our players and getting zilch in return .

I have no issue having to deal with bad contracts or a fked up cap later in the cycle if you had a LEGIT sustained run of 5-6 years of maybe a few finals and semis but just coming up short but playing on par with the elite .

Hanging onto our vets with no depth at the prospect level to trade for core pieces is futile when you arent contending , we fked up .

You are agreeing with me.

Back