• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly: Game #1: Canadiens @ Sabres

Habs4Life

GBU.jpg

GOOD: Mete didn't look like a rookie. Chemistry with Drouin & Max
BAD: Streit not an NHLer anymore, Hemsky tough game with penalties
UGLY: That call on Shaw, horrendous.

Last edited:
GOOD: Mete didn't look like a rookie. Chemistry with Drouin & Max
BAD: Streit not an NHLer anymore, Hemsky tough game with penalties
UGLY: That call on Shaw, horrendous.

The ugly was the power play.

Still a disaster.

PP had good movement for the most part but that last PP was just a matter of Gallagher handling the puck more than he should be

Drouin had a great debut... pretty pass to max... pretty goal.

The PP I didn't think was that bad. It didn't score, but the puck moved well.

Mete didn't look like a 19 year old in his first NHL game, played 18:43 and didn't look out of place. I kind of believe Julien when he says that the plan IS NOT to send Mete down after 9 games but keep him.

Danault's goal felt lucky. Needed that break.

Streit sucks. They need Schlemko. Hell I'd waive Morrow now and call up Jerabek.

Lets not complain too much about the Shaw call, since it led to a shorty. I agree it was a bad call.

How about Beaulieu flubbing that shot in OT....how many times did Beaulieu whiff on glorious chances last year?

I really don't like our D. We need a top LHD for everyone else to slot in nicely. Or has Habs25th would say, for the chairs to be lined up in the right place so people can sit when they're tired. Or something like that.

On a side note, LA is going through a transition, I wonder if we can talk them out of Kopitar. Even though he's older I'd move Chucky for him too.

On a side note, LA is going through a transition, I wonder if we can talk them out of Kopitar. Even though he's older I'd move Chucky for him too.

Doubt they move him after paying him one year ago.

What about Jeff Carter though?

Chucky, if he stays, needs to be moved to the 2nd PP unit... let him set up on the half wall for one timers. He was trying on the 1st unit, but someone was always in his favourite spot, Max during the first period and Drouin during the second. Drouin looked good offensively but take too many hits like the one he took at centre ice, got to keep his head up after he makes a pass. Mete look good, they need someone better than Streit on he bottom pairing and Alzner needs to stay on the bench during 3 on 3, not that good of a skater to keep up. Wish they would give Galchenyuk a few shifts between Hudon and Lekkenon

Back