• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Radulov

The game winning goal was on Max - his unwillingness to physically engage was front & center for everyone to see.
It's the most basic of plays, take the man at the point, u don't cheat in the playoffs. When u don't score, and I agree the focus on Max makes it very difficult to do so, u have to find other ways to contribute starting with elevating intensity & work ethic - a warrior mentality.

While true, it was a high risk move. If his poke check worked, he would have scored at the other end as no way McDunceagh would have caught him. Petry also left Nash alone in the corner.

I don't think it was that, he attempted a poke of the puck and miss, had he succeeded he was on a 2-1 with Radulov, but he missed. I don't think it was an unwillingness to engage physically, he had speed and is able to make that play more often than not. I don't blame him on bit for that goal, it was a play at the blue line with 4 other Habs behind him.

if he pokes and it works, he has a goal at the other end as no way he is caught,

He will be blamed but Petry left Nash all alone

While true, it was a high risk move. If his poke check worked, he would have scored at the other end as no way McDunceagh would have caught him. Petry also left Nash alone in the corner.
I was taught in Bantam the job of the winger was to go through the point man in the Dzone - as in challenge the Dman to lose the line. As u said it was a very low probability of success move by Max - horrible play

I know right, stupidity has no limits.

Sorry for the others, but Max is not going anyway, especially with that amazing contract of his. I don't care, you can't get a better score than him at his current price.

that amazing contract is going to cost you 50% more on a long term deal when he hits 31 , and will be the same frustrating player when he had that great contract

that amazing contract is going to cost you 50% more on a long term deal when he hits 31 , and will be the same frustrating player when he had that great contract

We can then worry about this when his next contract is up. Right now, he is one of the best bargin in the NHL. 5th best scorer in the league for the past few years.

The guy is paid to score, not be defensively responsible. He is not a center.

Last edited:
Meh, it's sports, where stupidity and intelligence are irrelevant.

I was of course exaggerating in my previous post, but you can't say this guy isn't irritating to watch in the post-season. Also, technically the Habs have several players making less money than him who have more goals and points in this playoffs right now.

So you are basing Max's contribution over the spam of 4 games only? Talk about small sample.

Let's look back at a more relevant sample, the last season of 82 games. Who was our best scorer again? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Max is streaky. He can go a few games without scoring and you guys all bitch about him, then he goes hot for 10 games and everyone loves him again. In the end, he is still 5th best scorer in the last over the spam of the last 5 seasons.

In the playoff, Max is getting extra coverage and attention. It's hard to score as often as you do, which is why often, you see 3rd liners start to rack up goals because the focus is so much on the other team best offensive player that it opens up opportunity for others.

Look at Boston. Marchand is yet to score because Ottawa is playing very hard on him. Have you seen the work Pavelski is doing on McDavid? McDavid has a single goal in 4 games. So he sucks now?

So you are basing Max's contribution over the spam of 4 games only? Talk about small sample.

Let's look back at a more relevant sample, the last season of 82 games. Who was our best scorer again? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Max is streaky. He can go a few games without scoring and you guys all bitch about him, then he goes hot for 10 games and everyone loves him again. In the end, he is still 5th best scorer in the last over the spam of the last 5 seasons.

In the playoff, Max is getting extra coverage and attention. It's hard to score as often as you do, which is why often, you see 3rd liners start to rack up goals because the focus is so much on the other team best offensive player that it opens up opportunity for others.

Look at Boston. Marchand is yet to score because Ottawa is playing very hard on him. Have you seen the work Pavelski is doing on McDavid? McDavid has a single goal in 4 games. So he sucks now?

4 games is a small sample statistically but large enough to, you know, end our season. Unfortunately, the NHL playoffs aren't a randomized controlled clinical trial designed to determine who the better team is while controlling for Type 1 error.

Problem is Max has never been "hot" for 10 games (like a Cammy, Zednik) in the playoffs. Instead of relying on statistical properties to score more goals, he should change his approach and hustle (specifically on clearing plays in his own zone in tie games).

4 games is a small sample statistically but large enough to, you know, end our season. Unfortunately, the NHL playoffs aren't a randomized controlled clinical trial designed to determine who the better team is while controlling for Type 1 error.

Problem is Max has never been "hot" for 10 games (like a Cammy, Zednik) in the playoffs. Instead of relying on statistical properties to score more goals, he should change his approach and hustle (specifically on clearing plays in his own zone in tie games).
I am not so much annoyed that Max hasn't scored so far than I am that we don't have a Cammy, a Zednik, a Rene Bourque, a Eller, some random guy who has decided to be a playoff hero for the team.

Radulov, Weber, Price. Only guys who have elevated their game.

I am not so much annoyed that Max hasn't scored so far than I am that we don't have a Cammy, a Zednik, a Rene Bourque, a Eller, some random guy who has decided to be a playoff hero for the team.

Radulov, Weber, Price. Only guys who have elevated their game.

I do not believe Price has. He has been okay but nothing elevated.

Pleks has elevated so far.

I do not believe Price has. He has been okay but nothing elevated.

Pleks has elevated so far.

Price has 7 goals against in 4 games, and a .942 save percentage. That's not elevated?

Pleks is OK. Scored a big goal in game 2 but he isn't exactly lighting the lamp.

Not exactly true.

2015: 1 G first 5 GP, 4 G final 7 GP
2014: 1 G first 9 GP, 4 G final 8 GP

Back