• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017 NHL Entry Draft

So I'm going to redo the site to include news and blogs and have GGpX do our top 50. See how good he really is.

My rankings this year would be terrible as I've mostly read about prospects, barely watched. I can still do a ranking if you want :p

Corey Pronman:
Several NHL execs expressed skepticism that Liljegren will be in their top 10. Believe Miro Heiskanen/Cale Makar fighting for top D in 2017.

27 hasn't helped his own cause lately.

Agree re: Hugo Boss. Magical arc of empty promises.

i have a feeling Carey will give it to Bergy at exit interview (regarding constant lack of goal support Price gets)......or even worse, he gives him silence treatment.

Bob McKenzie's draft-lottery rankings came out today.

http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-hischier-in-tight-race-for-no-1-in-tsn-draft-ranking-1.736258

_____

Top 15:
1. Nolan Patrick - C
2. Nico Hischier - C
3. Gabe Vilardi - C
4. Miro Heiskanen - D
5. Casey Mittelstadt - C
6. Owen Tippett - RW
7. Cale Makar - D
8. Michael Rasmussen - C/LW
9. Cody Glass - C/RW
10. Martin Necas - C
11. Elias Pettersson - LW
12. Timothy Liljegren - D
13. Klim Kostin - RW
14. Lias Andersson - F
15. Kristian Vesalainen - LW

yep....rinse and repeat.....never good enough, or bad enough....lol

And the year we are bad, we draft a center but don't commit to developing him as a center

(i'm done with Hugo Boss-dude)

They drafted a Belarussian with the hockey IQ of a frozen yak turd. Clear for anyone and everybody to see. Entire management team should have been purged the second they stepped off the podium. Ridiculous.

Bob McKenzie's draft-lottery rankings came out today.

http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-hischier-in-tight-race-for-no-1-in-tsn-draft-ranking-1.736258

_____

Top 15:
1. Nolan Patrick - C
2. Nico Hischier - C
3. Gabe Vilardi - C
4. Miro Heiskanen - D
5. Casey Mittelstadt - C
6. Owen Tippett - RW
7. Cale Makar - D
8. Michael Rasmussen - C/LW
9. Cody Glass - C/RW
10. Martin Necas - C
11. Elias Pettersson - LW
12. Timothy Liljegren - D
13. Klim Kostin - RW
14. Lias Andersson - F
15. Kristian Vesalainen - LW

It's a shame the Habs have no shot at Patrick or Hischier. I think both will pan out.

They drafted a Belarussian with the hockey IQ of a frozen yak turd. Clear for anyone and everybody to see. Entire management team should have been purged the second they stepped off the podium. Ridiculous.

"Hockey IQ" probably takes the cake as the dumbest sports term out there.

AT least we have a few second rounders this year, so if we fcuk it up(as we usually do in first round), there is a chance in 2nd round.

AT least we have a few second rounders this year, so if we fcuk it up(as we usually do in first round), there is a chance in 2nd round.
Too bad it's a crappy draft cuvee...

I expect at least one (and perhaps two) to be used as a carrot stick to lure LV into taking Plekanec and/or Emelin

I expect at least one (and perhaps two) to be used as a carrot stick to lure LV into taking Plekanec and/or Emelin

If we protect Hudon the only other guy worth taking would be Beaulieu. We would need to measure the value of the carrot vs Beaulieu.

yep....rinse and repeat.....never good enough, or bad enough....lol

And the year we are bad, we draft a center but don't commit to developing him as a center

(i'm done with Hugo Boss-dude)
You wouldnt be caught dead in Hugo Boss, you are Zegna all the way.

Keep the picks and draft the best available C's . No point moving a second to lure LV to take these guys.

They are value that we can use at the deadline for pick/prospect accumulation for us .

Back