• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I heard Rick Dudley speak about the prospects in the draft right after he got hired here in the summer, he was giving his input on the talent of the top five to ten guys, the way he was speaking about Rielly it seemed somewhat apparent he had him ranked in the top three because he really seemed to show more enthusiasm about him than the others, including AG.

He was obviously not allowed to take part in the draft as a memeber of the habs and we should probably be thankful because he may have suggested Rielly ahead of AG.

Even if Dudley was there with the Habs brass on draft day, I still don't think we take rielly orver AG. He will be a good dmen. We needed a forward.

I'm sure that Morgan Reilly will be a fine NHL player but he has him ranked ahead of Nail Yakupov, for g-d's sake.

There is a difference between AG and Reilly. A fine NHL player is one thing. AG has the potential to not only be a game changer, but to be the steal of the draft and surpass Yakupov. We needed a Galchenyuk. We would have liked a Reilly.

13G 11A 24Pts +13 in his last 9 games.

All very well and good, but how many French verbs did he learn to conjugate? I heard he's still struggling with his passé composé on the powerplay and that's why he's playing the wing.

:smilielol5: Somehow we need the Leafs to offer Button the role of GM. He'd fit in perfectly there

... the reason you think he would fit in perfectly is because he used to be our director of pro scouting and is actually responsible for some of the deals that have led to us ending up like we are - ie) he advocated trading Rask for Raycroft.

As for Rielly... I like him better than Murray and think he was the best choice at 5.

Last edited:
The Galchenyuk first half Goal Show

[video=youtube;LQsB-kPDXbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQsB-kPDXbg#[/video]

Last edited:
... the reason you think he would fit in perfectly is because he used to be our director of pro scouting and is actually responsible for some of the deals that have led to us ending up like we are - ie) he advocated trading Rask for Raycroft.

As for Rielly... I like him better than Murray and think he was the best choice at 5.

Ugh.....that's bad.....

Not sure on Rielly being better than Murray. Most analysts who know a lot more about the players in the draft than I do seemed to feel Murray was the real deal and a lock to be a top blueliner.

Button also drafted Derian Hatcher, Lehtinen, Langenbrunner, Iginla, Turco and Morrow while Dir of Amateur Scouting for Dallas.

Craig Button: "He's no Morgan Reilly."
Need to keep in mind Buttons rankings were skewed on the players performance over the "last year", w Galchenyuk being hurt for all but the last 3-months of 2012 & Reilly turning it on in Jan thus enabling his move up in last summers draft not sure what the big deal is. Afterall Button had the Habs picking Galchenyuk (over Reilly) at last summers draft.

Need to keep in mind Buttons rankings were skewed on the players performance over the "last year", w Galchenyuk being hurt for all but the last 3-months of 2012 & Reilly turning it on in Jan thus enabling his move up in last summers draft not sure what the big deal is. Afterall Button had the Habs picking Galchenyuk (over Reilly) at last summers draft.

Rielly was hurt in November of 2011 and didn't "turn it on in January". He had basically the same injury as Galchenyuk and only returned in the third round of the WHL playoffs.

Ugh.....that's bad.....

Not sure on Rielly being better than Murray. Most analysts who know a lot more about the players in the draft than I do seemed to feel Murray was the real deal and a lock to be a top blueliner.

I think he'll ultimately be the better defenseman - it's just an opinion, sure, with the disclaimer that I usually feel more strongly and more confident about the smooth skating, offensive d prospects over the more jack of all trade types.

Back