• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What should we do with 67?

Krustchev

He appears to me to be a player in decline, and is due for a new deal after next season, as we all know. Should MB be looking to trade him this season, while his value is probably still pretty decent, given that he still has another season under a cheap contract? Yes, I would try and trade him now, for the record. What think the rest of you?

He seems to be playing like someone who’s expecting to be dealt or been told by his agent his names’ been floating around...

Deal him - historical stats suggest goal scoring wingers peak by 25-26. I expect there will be a few teams willing to overpay due to their market conditions - having to win to keep a player (Isles), wanting to replace another veteran scorer/add a local (NYR), view themselves close to the promise land desperately needing that finisher (CBJ), desperate need to add skill w speed on the wing (Edm).

Those 4-teams I suspect will be the prime players and could possibly be lured into a bidding war. Would ideally want a 3-component deal but depending on 2-components offered might settle.

Would NYR cough up Kreider + Skjei?

Would Edm cough up RNH + Puljujarvi?

Would CBJ cough up Murray + Dubois? This is a bit light would want a Jenner and offer up an asset in return

Could the Isles be lured to cough up Barzal + Lee?

Last edited:
Very simple ....move him to the highest bidder

The last thing we need is another 30 year old on a mega cap deal on a team going nowhere .

I dont care about his 30 plus goals a year or that he fits the criteria of this regime .

Its all about the team ....now and tomorrow and the dots dont line up retaining him long term .

At some point after a decade of nothing even a fool like Nero or Molson has to see the light .

Our big 3 simply are not at the right age to keep patching and bandaiding . The supporting cast is just average and cant make the difference to push forward .

Our prospect pool and realistic view to acquire top talent is poor .

All we can do is sneak in the playoffs and get beat up in round 1 and thats how you stay in that dreaded middle of no return .

We dont have Winnipeg`s or Edmonton`s stud youth core to buy time through the draft and ride it out .

I am not sure the other teams would make any of those deals... especially the last one.
That’s the bidding war that needs to be created or it’s no point dealing a 30-goal $4.5M cap hit. MB has all the leverage with this asset.

If Max is dealt it has to be a grand slam deal no margin for error.

Last edited:
He seems to be playing like someone who’s expecting to be dealt or been told by his agent his names’ been floating around...

Deal him - historical stats suggest goal scoring wingers peak by 25-26. I expect there will be a few teams willing to overpay due to their market conditions - having to win to keep a player (Isles), wanting to replace another veteran scorer/add a local (NYR), view themselves close to the promise land desperately needing that finisher (CBJ), desperate need to add skill w speed on the wing (Edm).

Those 4-teams I suspect will be the prime players and could possibly be lured into a bidding war. Would ideally want a 3-component deal but depending on 2-components offered might settle.

Would NYR cough up Kreider + Skjei?

Would Edm cough up RNH + Puljujarvi?

Would CBJ cough up Murray + Dubois? This is a bit light would want a Jenner and offer up an asset in return

Could the Isles be lured to cough up Barzal + Lee?

Edmonton scenario is not far fetched , may need some tweaking but its a start .

That’s the bidding war that needs to be created or it’s no point dealing a 30-goal $4.5M cap hit. MB has all the leverage with this asset.

If Mac is dealt it has to be a grand slam deal no margin for error.

Would you take a heavy laden futures deal centered around prospects and picks like the MD deal ?

That cap hit is going to have a lot more appeal to teams that are contenders and are flirting with the cap.

Would you take a heavy laden futures deal centered around prospects and picks like the MD deal ?
No - only futures I’d take a “chance” on are NHL ready Dubois, Puljujarvi, Barzal....

Isles & CBJ lost out on Duchene, and both reportedly went hard to make that deal work

The 2nd best scorer behind Ovy over what last 6-years? Habs don’t need to deal him, some teams NEED to make noise in the playoffs this season and are a scoring winger away.

Last edited:
No - only futures I’d take a “chance” on are NHL ready Dubois, Puljujarvi, Barzal....

Isles & CBJ lost out on Duchene, and both reportedly went hard to make that deal work

The 2nd best scorer behind Ovy over what last 6-years? Habs don’t need to deal him, some teams NEED to make noise in the playoffs this season and are a scoring winger away.

You cant let this drag past the draft and closer to July 1 UFA period . If it goes in season your screwed as you are forced to ink an extension or force a deal with no leverage if you cant settle on a contract .

I have no issue with 67 if we had the contending pieces around him , but we dont.

You cant let this drag past the draft and closer to July 1 UFA period . If it goes in season your screwed as you are forced to ink an extension or force a deal with no leverage if you cant settle on a contract .

I have no issue with 67 if we had the contending pieces around him , but we dont.
I sort of view it differently - I think the Habs could make some noise even this year but have 2-gaping holes, a natural top-6 C and LD to play with Weber. Unfortunately Max is the only player on this roster capable of netting a very solid multi component deal and the Habs only depth is on wing & in net

As long as Bergevin is in charge don't expect to see Pacioretty dealt, especially if there's a chance of making the playoffs. Max will be a Hab until retirement or until Bergevin is fired, but not before.

Were I the GM I'd trade him for a top 2 center.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

As long as Bergevin is in charge don't expect to see Pacioretty dealt, especially if there's a chance of making the playoffs. Max will be a Hab until retirement or until Bergevin is fired, but not before.
Then no way should Gorges have been dealt due to his karacter....two things MB has demonstrated over & over during his tenure, expect the unexpected & he’s as cold / calculated as they come.

I sort of view it differently - I think the Habs could make some noise even this year but have 2-gaping holes, a natural top-6 C and LD to play with Weber. Unfortunately Max is the only player on this roster capable of acquiring a very solid multi component deal and the Habs only depth is on wing & in net

Sal " the lets keep trying to fix the ship " has sailed with this roster .

We have youth but none are elite or capable of doing what Pitt did last year with our top 9 .

Our D stinks with a 1D and 5 clowns for the most part .

31 hasnt been able and cant carry us with injury concerns ongoing .

Those gaping holes cant be fixed with no depth or stud kids on the horizon .

67 I agree could land some pieces that can help and I dont see us falling apart without him .

Sal " the lets keep trying to fix the ship " has sailed with this roster .

We have youth but none are elite or capable of doing what Pitt did last year with our top 9 .

Our D stinks with a 1D and 5 clowns for the most part .

31 hasnt been able and cant carry us with injury concerns ongoing .

Those gaping holes cant be fixed with no depth or stud kids on the horizon .

67 I agree could land some pieces that can help and I dont see us falling apart without him .

How has it sailed? The forward group is amongst the youngest in the NHL. If Max can net a 24 & younger LDman to play 1st pair minutes, Petry has really stepped up his game and is playing like he did post deadline acquisition, continued play and the top-4 all of a sudden isn’t too shabby. Schlemko is an idea #5, if Juulsen hits stride even if Mete goes down to junior, the Dgroup all of a sudden is younger & more mobile. It’s by no means a given, but is plausible because I suspect this will be the year of GMs losing their jobs so lots of them on the hot seat.

Chia-pet is feeling it, Snow must be feeling it, Nill can’t miss the playoffs again, Panthers & Flyer teams had big expectations this season, NYR always are expected to be in...

Last edited:
How has it sailed? The forward group is amongst the youngest in the NHL. If Max can net a 24 & younger LDman to play 1st pair minutes, Petry has really stepped up his game and is playing like he did post deadline acquisition, continued play and the top-4 all of a sudden isn’t too shabby. Schlemko is an idea #5, if Juulsen hits stride even if Mete goes down to junior, the Dgroup all of a sudden is younger & more mobile. It’s by no means a given, but is plausible because I suspect this will be the year of GMs losing their jobs so lots of them on the hot seat.

Chia-pet is feeling it, Snow must be feeling it, Nill can’t miss the playoffs again, Panthers & Flyer teams had big expectations this season, NYR always are expected to be in...

Cmon ....our forward group is young but is NOT CUP caliber . 92 , 27, 11, 65, 62 , etc....will never be the group leading you to a cup .

67 will fetch help but its not enough . We are missing that Sid , Geno , Kane etc....stud punch to make it happen .

The rest upfront are roster fillers or scrubs . Minus 6 our D is mediocre and slow .

Yes the time is now to see what teams are hungry for 67 while their teams need to win now.

If you could get Barzal from NYI. I’d say do it.

But yes I think he should be looking to deal PACs this season. His Contract will allow more teams to be in a bidding war for his services.

Back