• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Mike Reilly

So he trades Morrow for a 4th and gets Reilly for a 5th, when reilly is the younger version of joe morrow?

Ok, I'll take it.

From the Hockey News:

Mike Reilly - LHD

Assets:

Has tremendous offensive ability, as he sees the ice well and has excellent mobility to join the rush. Is also a solid puck mover whose stick is always active and effective.

Flaws:

Needs to add significant bulk to his 6-2 frame, and get much stronger overall, in order to maximize output at the National Hockey League level. Lacks physicality, too.

Career Potential:

Decent offensive defenseman with a little upside.

Weber's partner next season.

I like it. Reilly had a real nice college career. When I saw that he was traded, I thought that it would be cool if it was to us. And cheap too.

Sachez que le nouveau défenseur des Canadiens, Mike Reilly, son père (Michael) avait été un choix de 8e ronde (140e) des Canadiens en 1977.

I like it. Reilly had a real nice college career. When I saw that he was traded, I thought that it would be cool if it was to us. And cheap too.

Same, it's interesting at least.

But it'll get shit on by the posters who don't know who he is.

I guess if he makes less mistakes in his own end than Morrow, its a good move, otherwise its a sideways move +1 round gain in a draft pick.

Аrpon Basu:
First impression of Mike Reilly based on one practice: he can really shoot, he can really skate.

Back