• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

TheCountofMonteCristo

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator
Staff member
Not much to say. We play the Devis tonight. A non descript team playing in Newark.

We are unbeaten in a real game in seven.

Lines at the morning skate:

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Lehkonen
Scherbak - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - de la Rose - A.Shaw
Deslauriers - Froese - Carr

Alzner - Juulsen
Benn - Petry
Reilly - Valiev

This is a near guaranteed loss tonight. And in regulation, thankfully.

we are due for a regulation loss.

I know it is things just going back to the norm as we likely never were a bottom 3 team in the NHL but we are now 7th from the bottom. I still want us to win when I watch because I can do nothing else. However if management's goal is a better draft pick, and I am not sure it is, then losing the next four on the road would be useful.

We really need Price back. Our goalies are playing too well.

they are out performing Price this year, no doubt about it, but of course now they are benefiting from having players on the back end who actually can skate and move the puck. Whereas he had games with Davidson, Schlemko, Benn and Alzner, the present ones are basically only having to deal with two of those four.

I know it is things just going back to the norm as we likely never were a bottom 3 team in the NHL but we are now 7th from the bottom. I still want us to win when I watch because I can do nothing else. However if management's goal is a better draft pick, and I am not sure it is, then losing the next four on the road would be useful.

Probably not but I'm shocked that Ottawa's record is as bad as it is, as they have a lot of high-end players, more than we have.

I think we are 6th from the bottom and I wouldn't give up all hope of us falling, esp. considering how everyone is currently playing. There is lots of parity among the bottom feeders (like Montreal).

Over the last 10 games EDM, Buffalo and Arizona have outplayed us.

Ottawa and Vancouver have only lost 1 point to us over the last 10.

We're still in good shape to potentially finish bottom 5, and with a little luck in the lottery... who knows.

You might want us to win games for some reason now, but trust me - you'll be happier come draft day if we pick higher. The top 4 in this draft can all be instant game changers.

Last edited:
I think we are 6th from the bottom and I wouldn't give up all hope of us falling, esp. considering how everyone is currently playing. There is lots of parity among the bottom feeders (like Montreal).

Over the last 10 games EDM, Buffalo and Arizona have outplayed us.

Ottawa and Vancouver have only lost 1 point to us over the last 10.

We're still in good shape to potentially finish bottom 5, and with a little luck in the lottery... who knows.

You might want us to win games for some reason now, but trust me - you'll be happier come draft day if we pick higher. The top 4 in this draft can all be instant game changers.

Arizona and Buffalo are assured of finishing bottom two, they are too far behind to catch up.

The teams that have to start winning more are Vancouver, Edm, Det and Ottawa

I realistically think best case scenario at this point is finishing 4rth last

He must be because that team has plenty of talent up front.

I look at that roster and the only real talent I would take and insert in our top six ahead of what we have is Stone and Hoffman.

I have a very low opinion of Matt Duchene and I find him overated

Arizona and Buffalo are assured of finishing bottom two, they are too far behind to catch up.

The teams that have to start winning more are Vancouver, Edm, Det and Ottawa

I realistically think best case scenario at this point is finishing 4rth last

I agree for the most part, but Ottawa does have the ability to **** up their spot. You never know really.

I look at that roster and the only real talent I would take and insert in our top six ahead of what we have is Stone and Hoffman.

I have a very low opinion of Matt Duchene and I find him overated

He's overrated, but oddly enough, Duchene has been quite good as a Senator (last 2 months anyway). He's been better than Turris.

Last edited:
Back