• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT- DUCKS @ CANES 5:00

Panthers made it a less sucky weekend after all the other teams we pull for lost (going back to Canes on Friday). Hope the canes can make it a little better.

Faulk is getting completely shredded by the swedish commentators, especially on the pp. They are calling him clumsy and slow both in body and mind.

It’s Canes Groundhog Day yet again!!!

Make the backup goalie look like a Vezina Winner. Check.
Outshoot the opponent like crazy with little result. Check.
Blow a late lead like always! Check.
Get average goaltending. Check.
Scare the few fans you have from coming back. Check.
No finish and no idea how to bury grade A chances. Check.

It’s a losing culture that never seems to find a way to fix their same mistakes.

Darling .880
Miller .919
Ana sog 25
Canes 37
This was the only stat the canes won. Oh, they won give away as they had 8 and Ana had 3.
Att. 10,108

Well, to be fair, the backup goalie is a Vezina winner, just from 8 years ago.

And you forgot “get shut out in the shootout”. Check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one was the first home game I missed. My daughter and her friend used my tickets after they failed to sell using multiple methods. No one wanted my parking pass for $10 either.

It’s a losing culture that never seems to find a way to fix their same mistakes.

This! I was thrilled with our comeback, but mystified with our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. We also let the Ducks hammer us around for long stretches in the 3rd, when we should have pushed their backs against the wall. Darling's got to be better and I'm hoping that he will - SOON. But what really pissed me off was Peters' decisions in the OT/SO. Why isn't Skinner playing in OT? He only leads the team in goal-scoring and is not the defensive liability he once was (although he has his moments). Instead, we muff not one, but two, breakaways. Do you doubt the Ducks would have scored if they had only one opportunity like that? And putting Aho out there in the SO - Aho who hasn't scored this season - was a joke. He will be a superstar one day, but he wasn't yesterday.

I think think the philosophy taken is to let them play themselves out of their issues.

The one thing that is clear that has been a constant since forever it now seems... we got pushed around BIG TIME. At one point early on the Ducks had out his us like 14 to 2. Sorry, that's gotta change. This team is not built to take hits like that and that's gonna wear you down. We did seem to have a small stretch mid point of the 2nd until end of period where we out paced em. But the third was back to being pushed around.

Again there were two or three times at least where I observed Derek Ryan pushed off the puck. I know, ragging on him a lot. But we would be better served with something bigger, more physical on that third line. You have him with Skinner and the kid Kuokkanen? That makes no sense.

This! I was thrilled with our comeback, but mystified with our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. We also let the Ducks hammer us around for long stretches in the 3rd, when we should have pushed their backs against the wall. Darling's got to be better and I'm hoping that he will - SOON. But what really pissed me off was Peters' decisions in the OT/SO. Why isn't Skinner playing in OT? He only leads the team in goal-scoring and is not the defensive liability he once was (although he has his moments). Instead, we muff not one, but two, breakaways. Do you doubt the Ducks would have scored if they had only one opportunity like that? And putting Aho out there in the SO - Aho who hasn't scored this season - was a joke. He will be a superstar one day, but he wasn't yesterday.

Great points to ponder! Darling has been average so far...Canes cannot afford average, he would be the first to admit he has to be better. Ducks played the night before, AND had arguably their best player in Getzlaf go down to injury in the first period...no way no how should the Canes ever be beat on home ice in that situation, it's simply lost points yet again and every point counts.

Skinner benched in OT is all Peters...he seems like he has his 6 or 8 favorites in overtime and everyone else sits, but Peters lately seems to have lots of brain cramps that are hard to figure out.

What angers me most about this entire org is the inability to fix the same issues that plague them year after year...the finish is never there when needed, the ability to close out games when it matters most, goaltending stealing games on our side like Miller did last night, they just don't have that killer instinct and winning culture that good teams show game in and game out.

Skinner benched in OT is all Peters...he seems like he has his 6 or 8 favorites in overtime and everyone else sits, but Peters lately seems to have lots of brain cramps that are hard to figure out.

Skinner has 25% of the team's goals, JWill has 16% of the team's assists. Neither played in OT.

Someone gave Peters an out in the post game presser, asking him if he would have changed anything in the OT. He asked the questioner what he'd change.

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

So. Many. Thoughts.

But here is one of them. I'm pretty PO'd with Bill Peters at the moment on several fronts.

But foremost is that "3’s enough” BS. Not even in all theories, but certainly not last night.

You don't try to ride out an entire third period on a 3-2 lead on a team you know is going to score on you. You want that goal reducing a 2-goal deficit to 1, not tying you up.

And suddenly a prevent defense is going to switch on offensively and "win game"? Such a loser mentality. Delay the inevitable.

Should have been responsibly looking for that 4th all along, not resting on laurels of 3. And in regulation, not that pathetic OT you seem to have no clue how to play.

/rant

I may be joining the drum beat of Faulk for Duchene. He was god awful in that game and at times I had to double check if we weren't watching some version of Ryan Murphy or Uh Oh Corvo given how soft he was playing. He should have been given the assist on Kase's goal.

Questioning why Peters did not put the Skinner-Williams out in OT given they are scoring pretty steadily. This was discussed by my group in the stands-- couldn't come up with an explanation. Also, no Skinner in the SO. This Anaheim game should have been won, but once again we play to protect the lead, lose it and then can't get it back...

Also continue to see the Canes wilt against a physical team, which is Anaheim's style. Staal and McGinn can't always be expected to carry the load...

On the road and missed this one so having to read the recaps. At this point peters is either a bad coach or just friggin stubborn. IMHO Peters better come back from this winnable road trip heading in the right direction or 10k at a game will be a good number! That overtime crap is just ridiculous. No skinner, seriously????

I am giving Darling a goalie pass for the next two months. I'll start criticizing him then when he has more exposure to this team and can better predict the tendencies of the guys playing in front of him. He's had nine regular season games behind this defense, not really fair to throw him under the bus. Plus, you gotta score to make your goalie look good. I'm not sure what those first two SO attempts were-- I've seen more snap from stale bread.

Bill Peters is a moron. But this org isn't going to buy him out and pay a 2nd coach. Unless they hand it over to an assistant. I think what you see is what you get. A poorly coached bunch of mediocre players playing in front of 8,000 fans a night. This market has proven one thing, it will not be fleeced and overpay to watch a bad team. Tickets,are overpriced. Parking should be free. Period. Stop the traffic nonsense and stop charging. Upgrade with what this team needs. A center. A scorer. Fairly priced tickets and parking. Atlanta part II.

+1

Just curious, can you still park for free at the horse complex across from Carter-Finley? I remember during the playoffs, awhile back, the Canes closed that lot.

I may be joining the drum beat of Faulk for Duchene. He was god awful in that game and at times I had to double check if we weren't watching some version of Ryan Murphy or Uh Oh Corvo given how soft he was playing. He should have been given the assist on Kase's goal.

Questioning why Peters did not put the Skinner-Williams out in OT given they are scoring pretty steadily. This was discussed by my group in the stands-- couldn't come up with an explanation. Also, no Skinner in the SO. This Anaheim game should have been won, but once again we play to protect the lead, lose it and then can't get it back...

Also continue to see the Canes wilt against a physical team, which is Anaheim's style. Staal and McGinn can't always be expected to carry the load...

The one thing I have always enjoyed most about all the folks on this board is the respect for one another's opinion and the true hockey knowledge that comment on exactly the good, bad and ugly with this team! Kudos to all for truly calling out some of the ugliness of this team so far. Faulk was soft...but then again, even the young, hungry kids on D in Hanafin and Fleury were simply yet again too soft in their own zone, it's way too easy for the bigger teams to come in and basically have their way with the defense of this team. Faulk is indeed looking more and more expendable, it's not like he is giving this team anything close to a top pairing game out there and if you could flip Faulk for Duchene right now I would do it in a heartbeat.

The one thing I have always enjoyed most about all the folks on this board is the respect for one another's opinion and the true hockey knowledge that comment on exactly the good, bad and ugly with this team! Kudos to all for truly calling out some of the ugliness of this team so far. Faulk was soft...but then again, even the young, hungry kids on D in Hanafin and Fleury were simply yet again too soft in their own zone, it's way too easy for the bigger teams to come in and basically have their way with the defense of this team. Faulk is indeed looking more and more expendable, it's not like he is giving this team anything close to a top pairing game out there and if you could flip Faulk for Duchene right now I would do it in a heartbeat.

Hanifin and TVR flipped spots, with Hanifin moving down to the 3rd pairing. We know that Faulk/Slavin is a disaster, Faulk/Hanifin has been bad this year. What do they have in common?

Back