• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canadiens acquire Joel Armia and Steve Mason

Steve Mason
Joel Armia
4th Rounder
7th Rounder

for

Simon Bourque

Don't love this move. Unless Mason is a buyout

Habs-Jets trade.

Habs get

Joel Armina
Steve Mason
7th rounder in 2019
4th rounder in 2020

Jets get

Simon Bourque

Clear cap space move by jets.

Smart... take on some salary and get the better young player plus a couple picks. Mason will play in the A I assume.

Salary dump for the jets. Likely resigning stashny now. We get armia and 2 picks just to take on mason salary. Not bad. If anyone wasn’t sure we are on rebuild mode...

Please a mod can close my thread. Opened it pretty close to the same time.

This is a cap space move by jets. Had to give up some stuff to get someone to take Masons contract. Sounds like Habs are shopping Mason already and would likely retain some of his salary for more picks/prospects.

What's the deal with Armia, a 1st rounder 7 years ago, never really developed I guess. Looks like a 4th liner to add to our collection?

He scored 3 more goals than Domi last year.

I think he's a 3rd liner who can play on the 2nd line.

6'4 200 lbs

I’m guessing it’s the winger plus the two picks. Although low.

Maybe MB can flip Mason for another pick of so and retain 2 million of his deal or something

If we're not going to be a cap team, we may as well use the cap space to acquire assets. Armia is no star... but he can certainly be useful.

And 2 picks... it looks we got some real quality picks in the later rounds this year. The more pick the better chance you hit a homerun somewhere.

Salary dump for the jets. Likely resigning stashny now. We get armia and 2 picks just to take on mason salary. Not bad. If anyone wasn’t sure we are on rebuild mode...

Rebuild mode for sure. Maybe Price is on the move lol

Nothing wrong with this deal. I like it.
Must have been Chevaldayoff who thought of it.
If he’s got a brain he’ll trade Mason and retain most of the salary.
Armia can slot in nicely on the 3rd line.

PLEASE GET RID OF FROESE.

Jesperi Kotkaniemi told Finnish reporters at the draft that Joel Armia was one of his idols growing up. They're both from Pori. Now they both call Montreal home.

From Twitter.

Maybe a little bit of a helper for the kid when he comes over too??

Jesperi Kotkaniemi told Finnish reporters at the draft that Joel Armia was one of his idols growing up. They're both from Pori. Now they both call Montreal home.

From Twitter.

Maybe a little bit of a helper for the kid when he comes over too??

there we go......now it makes a little bit of sense!!

[video=youtube;6khpxu4Rfts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6khpxu4Rfts[/video]

A few beauties in there!

Back