• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canadiens acquire Joel Armia and Steve Mason

Armia is a nice add...taking care of the future (JK) is quite smart...

I really don’t know much about him. His numbers are underwhelming.

Does anyone know if he’s a fast skater? Seems to be the theme. They’re looking to push the pace.

Oh wait, Armia is Finnish? I see the reasoning. Let’s make Kotkaniemi comfy. Sigh.

Does anyone know if he’s a fast skater? Seems to be the theme. They’re looking to push the pace.

Not sure about skating but he is a big body. Doesn’t play heavy from what I’ve noticed but he doesn’t mind digging in corners or behind the net.

I am absolutely floored over this news. Floored.

How did Hairnova get outscooped? Just shocking.

Powerful skater, not much of a passer but has good hands - just hasn’t been able to adjust to smaller NA ice surface

Also I don’t think I’d bother buying Mason out. Has to be done by today, might be better off just letting him suck or maybe get it going again under Waite and try to flip him later around deadline time

A penalty killer that scores shg. I see what the Habs like about him. Another plumber.

Smart... take on some salary and get the better young player plus a couple picks. Mason will play in the A I assume.

Nice move , I would of forced Chevy for a second rounder but this ok .

Forget the UFA market 2 more salary dump pick ups like this is better ....more picks ....more prospects ......1-2 year term deals

Shouldn’t we get more in return for helping Jets with over 4M cap relief ?

That’s why I don’t like it. Help the Jets sign Stastny by taking on a bad contract for two garbage picks and a third line winger. Because we don’t have enough of those in the pipeline.

A 7th next year and a 4th in 2020 is garbage. Chips to move up a few slots at best.

Now if Copernicus (**** you lcs, it’s stuck in my head now) manages to get King’s ransoms for 31 & 6 I’m good with it.

Back