• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs announce Markov WILL NOT be back next season

Anyone who would give Markov a two year deal is nuts. He chose to reject a one year deal at a decent amount. That's on him.

Last edited:
I have no problem with this. Sentimentality has no place in contract negotiations. At the end of the day Markov is a player with bad knees on the wrong side of 30 who's asking for more money and term than he's worth. There's a reason why no other team has made him an offer. Bergevin may need a defenceman but he doesn't necessarily need THIS defenceman and certainly not at the salary and term that Markov is demanding.

Been nice knowing you, Andrei, but business is business.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I have no problem with this. Sentimentality has no place in contract negotiations. At the end of the day Markov is a player with bad knees on the wrong side of 30 who's asking for more money and term than he's worth. There's a reason why no other team has made him an offer. Bergevin may need a defenceman but he doesn't necessarily need THIS defenceman and certainly not at the salary and term that Markov is demanding.

So what's your alternative?

Yeah, as much as I like him, I'm fine not bringing him back if we can replace him with someone else of equal or better talent. Or if he was willing to take 1/5 or so, I'd bring him back.

Of course, I'm still waiting for that mystical player.

Yeah, as much as I like him, I'm fine not bringing him back if we can replace him with someone else of equal or better talent. Or if he was willing to take 1/5 or so, I'd bring him back.

Of course, I'm still waiting for that mystical player.

For example? He's BY FAR the best available d-man out there. He'd arguably be Montreal's best d-man.

Unless Markov's actually signed elsewhere, and unless Montreal's already found an alternative for him, it strikes me as kind of odd to make this announcement.

Why not leave the door open?

I also find it weird that the Press Conference is happening with the Canadiens. Maybe hes staying in Russia to be with family or something like that...

Unless Markov's actually signed elsewhere, and unless Montreal's already found an alternative for him, it strikes me as kind of odd to make this announcement.

Why not leave the door open?

because our GM is getting worse and worse

Back