• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rangers vs Canadiens - First Round Playoff Thread

Doesnt take genius to find out leafs depth up front is much better than us but making bunch of 19 to 23 years old kids playing the way they are doing in their first year it is just amazing. If they were Habs we would have the age excuses like the rest of other millions ones.

Even if we beat Rangers and Sens, before getting bounced by Pens....we still need to change the team culture. Management has been nothing but ex-defensive players or dmen. These people tend to think old school defensive hockey when building their team. Hence why we hired Jacques Martin, Michel Therrien, Ckaude Julien.

Would be great to hire a fresh-mind...modern vision....just ****ing get Julien Brisebois already...wish we had hired him 5 years ago

Pacioretty:

5GP 0G 1A -1

Absolute cack.

Radulov has 6 points. It boggles the mind...

Radulov takes the body, goes to the dirty areas, is a beast on the puck, playing with intensity. max... the usual.playoffs, cold.

Pekka Rinne is outscoring him.

Guys....Max is what he is....a perimeter shooter. He's not gonna change now. Accept him for what he is.

The problem is he doesn't have a center to alleviate the pressure and attention he's getting from opposing dmen.

Would be great to hire a fresh-mind...modern vision....just ****ing get Julien Brisebois already...wish we had hired him 5 years ago

Why would we always give everyone their first chance? If he is good enough why he couldn't find a GM job yet?

Guys....Max is what he is....a perimeter shooter. He's not gonna change now. Accept him for what he is.

The problem is he doesn't have a center to alleviate the pressure and attention he's getting from opposing dmen.

Ya.

Don't get the patches hate. Every postseason it's the same story. While I don't like it, I've come to accept it.

He is what he is.

You don't think this team has a turd of a game left in them?

you believe that everything is about to come together?
I think the Rangers have a bigger turd waiting for them Saturday. Shitty at home and the pressure of closing it out.

Except for the fact that the videos and the stats show he's not shooting from the perimeter.

There is one reason Max hasn't scored in this series, his name is Henrik Lundqvist. Its okay to give the other team some credit.

Except for the fact that the videos and the stats show he's not shooting from the perimeter.

There is one reason Max hasn't scored in this series, his name is Henrik Lundqvist. Its okay to give the other team some credit.

Screw that. If Max isn't scoring it's because he is FAILING to do his job. If the Habs lose the series it's not because the Rangers beat them it's because the Habs FAILED to do their job. There is no room in this narrative to account for anything the opposing team does or doesn't do. There is only the Habs doing one of two things: they are either succeeding or they are pathetically failing.

And if they are failing somebody needs to lose their job. Failure has to have consequences attached to it otherwise the message will be sent that failure is acceptable.

It isn't.

Video also showed on the breakaway max shot from well put above the faceoff dot for some inexplicable reason, making it easier for Lundqvist to make a save...mind boggling stupidity

Screw that. If Max isn't scoring it's because he is FAILING to do his job. If the Habs lose the series it's not because the Rangers beat them it's because the Habs FAILED to do their job. There is no room in this narrative to account for anything the opposing team does or doesn't do. There is only the Habs doing one of two things: they are either succeeding or they are pathetically failing.

And if they are failing somebody needs to lose their job. Failure has to have consequences attached to it otherwise the message will be sent that failure is acceptable.

It isn't.

No worries we will keep him to the bitter end and give him a 50% raise at 31 and see this over and over and over , it's the Habs way of building a team.

What excuse does 62 have or any other secondary scorer have for scoring some goals , not expecting heroics but at least produce your regular season stats . Max should have 2-3 fooken goals by now who regardless of how many shots he has.

Next time I lose a case I'll be sure to tell my client that it was because the other side had a good lawyer.

Somehow lesser offensive talents on our team have put 10 goals behind Lundquist. Max's job is to score goals. Massive fail by him so far.

He has the most shots in the series and most are from in close. At least try and make sense.

That's on the rush....

When his teammates are cycling the puck, he is not in Lundquist's vicinity paying the price waiting for a rebound or pass.....

The best example was when Radulov was deking Rangers in the corner, and looking for a linemate to pass it to, area in front of Lundquist completely clear, but Max is just standing wayyyyy back at the faceoff circle waiting for a pass.

Arturi would have crashed the net for a pass

Again, he is what he is.....Ovechkin is the same, stays wayyy back waiting for the pass.....

Max is not part of the problem....the supporting cast Bergevin assembled is however, especially at center

Last edited:
Next time I lose a case I'll be sure to tell my client that it was because the other side had a good lawyer.

Somehow lesser offensive talents on our team have put 10 goals behind Lundquist. Max's job is to score goals. Massive fail by him so far.
As a player all you can do is take good shots from good areas. As long as hes doing that it is frustrating to not score but what more can you do?

Its not as simple as saying just score more

Back