• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome Alexander Romanov

#93 Alexander Romanov, Left Defence, Krasnaya Armiya Moskva, MHL, 5’11”, 183 lbs
The top defenceman on the Russian team at the recent IIHF Under-18s, Romanov is a very good skating. He can rush the puck up the ice and still get back in his own zone defensively. He is also a very good passer, starting the transition game or setting up in the zone on the power play. Romanov has a good shot. Defensively, he is tough to beat off the rush. However, once the other team gains the zone, he needs some work on his positioning and instincts.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/06/19/2018-nhl-draft-scouting-reports-91-100/

He’s a very good skating?

I see BKerr still doesn’t have an editor.

Last edited:
Scouting report sounds like Subban's. Romanov also played some forward.

It was a weird pick, I know he was the top Russian Dman @ U18 tournament , which is impressive ....but. Unless there were rumours other teams were interested as well.

I dont mind the gamble but wait 40 picks later not when you have quality players on the board

Ya, could have taken him 3rd round, but nothing MB does surprises me. Maybe MB is doing the opposite now of what he wants. Like instead of taking Zadina he takes the next guy since he figured nothing he's done so far has worked out. I have a feeling that's what is happening now.

Mitch Brown
@MitchLBrown
17h
A brief thread on defenceman Alexander Romanov, who the #Habs selected 38th overall.

He's fast, physical, and aggressive. He's fun to watch.

Back