• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game 68 | Canadiens vs. Flames | Mar 9, 2017

Goalie dependent teams that don't have elite goaltending lose games and look bad doing it.

But goaltending wasn't their issue tonight. It never is when you don't give your goalie any run support. There's little need to overanalyse this game. They simply mailed it in, as every team does about 15-20 times a season. Guys playing hurt, guys playing sick, guys too hurt or too sick to play at all, a backup goalie. All that, plus the fact that it was Game 68 out of 82 and everybody's running on empty.

I think it's widely acknowledged that Emelin is not very good.

But I have not liked Petry for a while now, even when he was lighting it up earlier this year for a one month stretch.

There is something about this guy that is just too Brisebois like....not an intelligent hockey player and way too soft.

Byron should be playing 4th line & 1st PK unit on this team. Lekhonen-Plekanec-Shaw will survive as a 3rd line, but yeah times come to bring up Hudon and see what he can do w Galchenyuk.

Byron should be playing 4th line & 1st PK unit on this team. Lekhonen-Plekanec-Shaw will survive as a 3rd line, but yeah times come to bring up Hudon and see what he can do w Galchenyuk.

The thing with Hudon that can make him a good fit on that line is that he's a winger with a centerman mentality, he's a crafty player with the puck and has good vision of the ice.

While galchenyuk is a center with a winger mentality, he's a shooter and stick handler

I think it's widely acknowledged that Emelin is not very good.

But I have not liked Petry for a while now, even when he was lighting it up earlier this year for a one month stretch.

There is something about this guy that is just too Brisebois like....not an intelligent hockey player and way too soft.
Funny you say that. At the game on Tuesday my sister said something similar to me. She just doesn't like him as a player.

Shaw has been one of the teams better players recently. I can't take seriously line combos that put him on the fourth line.

There's nothing wrong with Petry other than fan's expectations are out of whack. D-men who excel at both ends of the ice and rarely suffer lapses in judgment are Norris Trophy candidates.

Petry is not one of those guys.

Shaw has been one of the teams better players recently. I can't take seriously line combos that put him on the fourth line.

I would flip him with Byron.

The issue I have is that no one else in the top nine can really fit on the 4rth line.

I still want to see Lehkonen get a chance to succeed offensively and other than that who would yu put on the 4rth line if Hudon eventually gets called up?

My other

There's nothing wrong with Petry other than fan's expectations are out of whack. D-men who excel at both ends of the ice and rarely suffer lapses in judgment are Norris Trophy candidates.

Petry is not one of those guys.

The issue is that Petry suffers a lot of mental lapses for a guy who is not considered a bottom pairing player and by the evaluation should be a #3 dman.

He makes enough coin that he should be better than what he is.

He often has looked completely lost on the ice more often than not the last three months.

In the game day threads I don't know how many times we've just shook our heads at his positioning, the way he gets beat one on one and his soft plays.

He's not as good as we think

Apparently Price is not the only player on the team who has the flu. Might explain the team-wide low energy last night.

Apparently Price is not the only player on the team who has the flu. Might explain the team-wide low energy last night.

their energy seemed fine. they just sucked. With Radulov out, it's very hard to hide Danault on the first line.

Back