• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

Okay, take the numbers posted earlier over the last 10 years. I don't understand your issue with the timeline. Lets go back 30-40 years and see how the numbers stack up why don't we? 9/11 was 16 years ago and the world has changed tremendously since that time, including increased anti-terror efforts from government organizations, increased security, etc. Using that one incident to spread fear and ignoring the exceedingly rare incidents that followed (largely due to its influence) is dumb. As is you ignoring Muslim deaths abroad at the hands of white supremacists and focusing only on the United States. Why don't we ignore all the Europe events now as well? They aren't happening in the USA so they must not involve real people or ideological principles either.

Well, it is true that using "since September 12th" is an arbitrary date. We should probably use something more relevant, like "since Windows XP was released", or "since 24 first broadcast". Or maybe something a little more modern, like "since the Motorolla Razr phone was first released".

Okay, take the numbers posted earlier over the last 10 years. I don't understand your issue with the timeline. Lets go back 30-40 years and see how the numbers stack up why don't we? 9/11 was 16 years ago and the world has changed tremendously since that time, including increased anti-terror efforts from government organizations, increased security, etc. Using that one incident to spread fear and ignoring the exceedingly rare incidents that followed (largely due to its influence) is dumb. As is you ignoring Muslim deaths abroad at the hands of white supremacists and focusing only on the United States. Why don't we ignore all the Europe events now as well? They aren't happening in the USA so they must not involve real people or ideological principles either.
Wait. You want to extend this little debate into Europe?

Really? Are you out of your mind?

Yes, you are talking about deaths in the usa to prove muslims are evil, while ignoring millions of dead muslims in your analysis of christians.

I'm glad you appreciate the correction.
Love it. Just classic zeke.

YOU said that right-wing/white-nationalists had a clear lead in the USA over radical Islamists.

YOU SAID THAT. And it's wrong.

Wait. You want to extend this little debate into Europe?

Really? Are you out of your mind?

I'm extending it to the rest of the world. I brought up Europe because you seem to think that if a death doesn't occur in the United States that it didn't actually happen. And in that respect the numerous recent attacks in Europe at the hands of Islamic radicalists also doesn't count.

Love it. Just classic zeke.

YOU said that right-wing/white-nationalists had a clear lead in the USA over radical Islamists.

YOU SAID THAT. And it's wrong.

no, i didn't.

but i'm glad you've admitted that whT you said - that muslims kill many more - is false.

Well, it is true that using "since September 12th" is an arbitrary date. We should probably use something more relevant, like "since Windows XP was released", or "since 24 first broadcast". Or maybe something a little more modern, like "since the Motorolla Razr phone was first released".
If you are trying to make a "most likely to die" statement and exclude a major event by one day, then you are dishonest.

Also, and here we have it.

Now I'm a racist. Classic zeke. This is why you are a dishonest idiot.

You lose an argument (by providing your own link) and then call me a racist. Wonderful.

adorable. you get overwhelmingly corrected on your wildy erroneous race-based theory of terrorism, but still pretend to be right, then deflect with the typical conservative snowflake persecution excuse.

You know, there's some good conversations going on but I'd really like people to pull back from the insults. I'm making a conscious effort to do so and hope others will too. It's ok to disagree but disagree with the point being made. Unfortunately we live in a highly vitriolic political environment and it really needs to be toned down and discussed. Without it, no middle ground will ever be achieved.

You know, there's some good conversations going on but I'd really like people to pull back from the insults. I'm making a conscious effort to do so and hope others will too. It's ok to disagree but disagree with the point being made. Unfortunately we live in a highly vitriolic political environment and it really needs to be toned down and discussed. Without it, no middle ground will ever be achieved.

Ted Nugent, is that you?

adorable. you get overwhelmingly corrected on your wildy erroneous race-based theory of terrorism, but still pretend to be right, then deflect with the typical conservative snowflake persecution excuse.
Race-based.

Do you know what race means?

Back