• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018

Yeah, get a kessel return for him and call it a day.

It’s very likely Max doesn’t go anywhere

MB doesn’t have to trade him and can brng him back next year at a great cap hit.

I’m afraid with more affordable scoring winger options like Kane, Nash, Hoffman, Maroon, Vanek and more Mb may not get the offer most of you are expecting or he’s expecting for that matter.

This may not be as interesting a deadline for Hab fans as some hope

MB doesn’t have to trade him and can brng him back next year at a great cap hit.

I’m afraid with more affordable scoring winger options like Kane, Nash, Hoffman, Maroon, Vanek and more Mb may not get the offer most of you are expecting or he’s expecting for that matter.

I stopped getting excited over trade deadlines and July 1 a long time ago. When our GM pulls a Kovalev or Vanek out of his ass, then I am happy but I expect nothing.

Hell I would even be somewhat surprised if he traded Plekanec as I have read that there are talks ongoing to re-sign him.

I stopped getting excited over trade deadlines and July 1 a long time ago. When our GM pulls a Kovalev or Vanek out of his ass, then I am happy but I expect nothing.

Hell I would even be somewhat surprised if he traded Plekanec as I have read that there are talks ongoing to re-sign him.

My most disappointing deadline was the year we were apparently close to getting Hossa and the Pens moved in at the last second

Max is a summer deal with more suitors once caps are reset and rosters need adjustments.

I want a dozen teams that are interested not 3 that make sense come deadline day .

Deadline is the time to move rentals and depth players .

Max is a summer deal with more suitors once caps are reset and rosters need adjustments.

I want a dozen teams that are interested not 3 that make sense come deadline day .

Deadline is the time to move rentals and depth players .

I feel he is more a play now with his low cap hit vs his quality, many teams would want that advantage.

I feel he is more a play now with his low cap hit vs his quality, many teams would want that advantage.

Also, the team that gets him now gets him for the remainder of the season and a playoff run and next year.

Max will have more value now - 2 possible playoff runs - than in the summer, it's beyond obvious.

Asking Price scenarios

Calgary (Benett, Jankowski, 1st)
LA (Kempe, Vilardi, 1st)
Minny (Eriksson EK, Brodin, 2nd)
Dallas (Faksa, Honka, 2nd)

Asking Price scenarios

Calgary (Benett, Jankowski, 1st)
LA (Kempe, Vilardi, 1st)
Minny (Eriksson EK, Brodin, 2nd)
Dallas (Faksa, Honka, 2nd)

Of course you can ask for those packages . . . but you'll never get them except maybe the Dallas one. The rest you can forget about in their entireties.

Of course you can ask for those packages . . . but you'll never get them except maybe the Dallas one. The rest you can forget about in their entireties.

If you break this down the first name on each teams list is the NHL ready youngster MB needs to have.

The other assets you can alter, I think the Minny scenario may be the most un realistic scenario as Brodin is quite a good asset.

But the 2nd names (Jankowski, Vilardi, Honka) are not proven assets just yet.

Hard to gauge what the return could be

DK, you are setting yourself up for major disappointment again. Don't do that to yourself.

Do as I do, expect that Nero will sell no one and that this will be our team next year. Then if there are any changes, you can be pleasantly surprised.

DK, you are setting yourself up for major disappointment again. Don't do that to yourself.

Do as I do, expect that Nero will sell no one and that this will be our team next year. Then if there are any changes, you can be pleasantly surprised.

I have very little expectations, I only expect Pleks and maybe Benn to get dealt

Three Habs-related notes from Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

habs31.jpg

Pleks is like a bad rash that just won't go away. Management needs to cut the damned cord with him, already. They act as though there isn't another center in the NHL who can do what he does.
They're a dime-a-freakin'-dozen!

Back