• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Jonathan Drouin

And if not, our best hope is a center line of

Drouin (A winger forced to play as a center)
Danault
Shaw(?)
McCarron/Mitchell

Wonderful.

Keep galchenyuk and play him at center on the second line, put Shaw back on the wing, danault 3rd line center, get radulov to agree to a 3 year deal and this team is more or less set.

I get that everyone has a price but young talent in the NHL is so rare. Usually there are other factors involved in a deal.

Subban's character rubbed the org the wrong way. If McKinnon pissed Sakic off, he might be available. Drouin pissed Yzerman off, so for once we cashed in on a character discount.

We can still aim for RNH with a package involving Chuckie.

My issue with trading Chuckie is that he's got a great shot. Radulov and Drouin are more playmaking wingers.

What incentive does Edmonton have to take Galchenyuk?

They have McDavid & Draisaitl down the middle for the next decade, no worries there. They have Eberle, Lucic, Maroon as their expensive mealticket wingers and they're looking to trade Eberle. Not sure they're interested in acquiring another high priced winger. Edmonton might have been (who knows, purely speculating) interested in a package of Juulsen + pick(s) just to get under the capspace.

Keep galchenyuk and play him at center on the second line, put Shaw back on the wing, danault 3rd line center, get radulov to agree to a 3 year deal and this team is more or less set.

Again, this organization doesn't see him as a center. Nothing screams that more than playing him as a fourth line left wing in the most important time of the year.

And Radulov's not going to accept a three year deal when he can get 4-5+ as a UFA. He's a mercenary looking for money.

Again, this organization doesn't see him as a center. Nothing screams that more than playing him as a fourth line left wing in the most important time of the year.

And Radulov's not going to accept a three year deal when he can get 4-5+ as a UFA. He's a mercenary looking for money.

This org is going full retard.

I'm not high on RNH, he is small, has an history of injuries and is paid 6 millions with a production that can't be justified. Words from Edmonton is that they are desperately trying to unload him. If they are THAT desperate, I could be interested if the price is low but again, edmonton would have to take salary back (plek?) to make it work.

I think the upside to this Drouin deal is him and galchenyuk I can see clicking very well and being a pretty dynamic duo.

I think the upside to this Drouin deal is him and galchenyuk I can see clicking very well and being a pretty dynamic duo.

We're trading drouin and galchenyuk in a package deal somewhere? Must be quite the return coming back.

Because that's the only way galchenyuk and drouin play on the same team next year.

I'm not high on RNH, he is small, has an history of injuries and is paid 6 millions with a production that can't be justified. Words from Edmonton is that they are desperately trying to unload him. If they are THAT desperate, I could be interested if the price is low but again, edmonton would have to take salary back (plek?) to make it work.

All the rumors point to Edmonton wanting to trade Eberle.

RNH is bigger than Drouin, for what it's worth. RNH doesn't have a history of injuries either. He's had two in six years that made him miss a bunch of games, but nothing that would destroy him. Nobody seems to hold Galchenyuk's much longer injury history against him, don't know you'd want to hold RNH's against him.

Prior to this season, he has always been on pace to be a 55-60pt center. This year with McDavid & Draisaitl taking up icetime & opportunities, his production dropped.

I wouldn't give up the world to get him, but I wouldn't be hesitant either.

I've thought about the trade a little bit more and honestly, while I think the value is good (and probably even in our favor) I'm not overly thrilled by it.

The reason is simple: We didn't have a need for another winger. We need a center. Drouin's not a center.

Those of you expecting Drouin to fill the hole at center are deluding yourselves. He's not a center and forcing him there will lead him to failiure.

If you're going to trade Sergachev - our only prospect with any real value, not to mention our only prospect that could fill out in our second position of need on left D next season - I don't understand how you don't make a trade for someone like McKinnon instead. If you're going to give up your best prospect for an immediate NHL need, especially a young player of Drouin's age, how do you not go for a real center? And if it costs this or next year's first round pick along with it, price be damned, you do it.

I don't get it.

Easy, MacKinnon was not on the market.

Actually I'm not sure what centers are on the market, I think Duchene and Nugent-Hopkings but those could be had cheaper than Sergachev. I think the potential of acquiring a young potential elite talent, local to boot, was too good to pass up. And now we have some room to trade a winger. I'll wait until the end of the summer to truly evaluate MB's work. I think this is just one of many moves that he will make.

I think getting RNH is still very achievable and I would be shocked if MB isn't at least having talks about it.

Again, I share the same opinion as most here: Keep Chuckie....we have an amazing top 6 right now...why would we want to trade that for more help on the back-end ???

We have Weber-Petry-Markov-Beaulieu-Benn-Emelin....and PRICE.......

Have we not learned anything from the past 25 years ? Build your forwards-corp please !!!

Easy, MacKinnon was not on the market.

Actually I'm not sure what centers are on the market, I think Duchene and Nugent-Hopkings but those could be had cheaper than Sergachev. I think the potential of acquiring a young potential elite talent, local to boot, was too good to pass up. And now we have some room to trade a winger. I'll wait until the end of the summer to truly evaluate MB's work. I think this is just one of many moves that he will make.

Someone like McKinnon, not necessarily McKinnon per se.

Ryan Johansen wasn't on the market either until Columbus had a deal they couldn't pass up on.

Of the wingers we have, which one of them (combined with other assets) will land us Duchene? Or RNH? Or another young-ish center?

We had one piece to get us that center and we traded him for a player that wasn't a need at all. At face value, I have no issues with the trade as I think we're the clear winners. But practically, when you look at the depth chart & our needs (top-6 centers & top-4 left d), we needed Sergachev or a center much more than we needed Drouin.

Again, I share the same opinion as most here: Keep Chuckie....we have an amazing top 6 right now...why would we want to trade that for more help on the back-end ???

We have Weber-Petry-Markov-Beaulieu-Benn-Emelin....and PRICE.......

Have we not learned anything from the past 25 years ? Build your forwards-corp please !!!

Jerabek bitch

but RNH is smallish, fragile, and won't solve your #1C problem....I'd rather keep Chuckie

Drouin is smaller & RNH has only had two serious injuries in six years.

I'd rather keep Galchenyuk & play him at center, but this organization won't play him there, so he's become redundant.

I'd rather take a flyer on Vadim Shipachyov but that ain't happening either

Back