• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Protected List - Expansion Draft Thread

Re: Protected List

They should expand by one team again next time around as well. Lots of drama. And a real opportunity for a franchise to use the latest quant models/AI to create a good team while the rest of the league doesn't suffer much.

I think after this expansion draft LV will be in a healthier position prospect wise than most due to the high draft picks they are apparently going to stockpile.

Not to mention that if they play their picks smart they could also draft potential trade deadline rentals and gather even more picks.

Basically the red carpet has been rolled out for this frwnchise to be successful pretty quickly

Probably pick a cheap decent backup goalie and sign their starter as a free agent.

SO many trade options out there if LV is willing to take a player and flip them.

Would love to get staal and scandella from minny through Vegas. But don't see it happening.

Thomas Hickey from the islanders as a left handed Dman???

Jason Demers?? I know right handed

Think Anaheim will make a Deal to leave their D alone.

Jack Johnson?

Subban's personality was made to measure for the Mtl market & McDonagh we'll never know, but he seems to have a serious makeup which suggests he should've attained success.

Max has a serious make up too and he chokes in the playoffs.

They have to pick 3

two probably heading to their farm team. I wonder though if they will take Fleury and pay him that kind of money , or maybe sign a free agent like Condon for something cheaper.

Last edited:

Here is the thing. Vegas wants draft picks.

What is Hudon's value on the open market? Probably less than Beaulieu. A third round pick.

What is Tomas Plekanec's rental value as a trade deadline pickup? Judging by Vermette and Hanzal, its way more than Hudon's value.

My bet is Vegas takes Plekanec.

The love for Hudon around here is staggering. I like him too but he's a borderline NHL player. If he had some value we probably would have traded him instead of leaving him unprotected. Despite his contract, I would have protected Shaw as well.

The love for Hudon around here is staggering. I like him too but he's a borderline NHL player. If he had some value we probably would have traded him instead of leaving him unprotected. Despite his contract, I would have protected Shaw as well.

It's a function of desperation.

Agreed WTF is a Hudon , every team has borderline player . He , Zven , etc are dime a dozen and who cares if they leave .

Here is the thing. Vegas wants draft picks.

What is Hudon's value on the open market? Probably less than Beaulieu. A third round pick.

What is Tomas Plekanec's rental value as a trade deadline pickup? Judging by Vermette and Hanzal, its way more than Hudon's value.

My bet is Vegas takes Plekanec.

Only if Plekanec plays well and Vegas is willing to eat his salary, otherwise he's not a very attractive deadline addition (re: Hanzal was on a 3M contract and actually had a strong season).

My bet is on Emelin.

Hudon and maybe de La Rose are ahead of Plekanec IMHO.

Only if Plekanec plays well and Vegas is willing to eat his salary, otherwise he's not a very attractive deadline addition (re: Hanzal was on a 3M contract and actually had a strong season).

My bet is on Emelin.

Hudon and maybe de La Rose are ahead of Plekanec IMHO.
Hanzal was having an awful season when he was traded.

Also his contract wont mean much when 75% of it is gone at the deadline and vegas eats 50% of the remainder.

Back