• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

Costco is different man...stick it to Wal-Mart sure, but the guys paying their people good wages and being relatively conscientious corporate citizens...nah

Costco is different man...stick it to Wal-Mart sure, but the guys paying their people good wages and being relatively conscientious corporate citizens...nah

love costco (especially the warranty)

but if you have the balls to return a christmas tree you are the best

Looks like James Franco might be next to go down.
Some of the complaints about him seem like crap. One who was dating and ****ing him says she got into his car and he pushed her head down to blow him which she hadn't done yet.

Two others were taking a sex scene acting class with him and complain he wanted them to get nude.

Looks like James Franco might be next to go down.

He's good looking...it's not going to go down like that.

What this whole saga should have taught anyone is, if you're not attractive, don't try to get away with the shit attractive guys can. The problem is, if you aren't particularly attractive and you still have enough ability with women to pull out of your league, you're walking a tight rope of inappropriate behaviour as far as initiating touch, content of conversation, etc. James Franco can "get away" with things Louis CK couldn't possibly.

Let's just look at a list of recent to semi recent sex scandals shall we?

Harvey Weinstein (I don't even know if prime Brad Pitt could get away with this douchebags list)
Louis CK
Gene Simmons (like, this year...so not rock star Gene Simmons, fat old 68 yr old Gene Simmons)
Morgan Spurlock (the funny looking guy from Super Size Me)
TJ Miller (funny looking guy from Deadpool)
Jian Ghomeshi
Ryan Lizza (John Oliver look alike who works for WAPO)
Alex Kozinski (Former Cali Judge, 67 yr old fat guy at the time)
Donald Trump (has been an old fat douche for 25+ years)
Mario Batali (I love watching the guy cook...but an attractive man he is not)
Warren Moon (Not superstar quarterback Warren Moon, wrinkly 61 yr old Warren Moon)
Ruben Kihuen (congressman from Nevada...37 yrs old and easily the best looking guy on the list so far...but a 5'10 mexican guy)
Russell Simmons
Matt Lauer
Charlie Rose
Al Franken
Roy Moore
Brett Ratner, Andy Dick, Spacey, Piven,

I could go on, but after doing a bunch of digging, the closest thing to a pretty mother****er getting accused was former backstreet boy Nick Carter about an incident in 2002 (so more or less at the height of their fame or close) and Affleck for grabbing a titty in 2003.

You're trying to tell me that not a single pretty mother****er got out of line this year? It was only goofy looking ****s acting inappropriate? Now don't get me wrong, there are some serial predators in that list and I'm not even remotely trying to suggest that they deserve anything but jail for what they did. But I have a hard time believing that pretty mother****ers aren't doing the same (non predatory) shit goofy looking mother****ers are doing.

What this whole saga should have taught anyone is, if you're not attractive, don't try to get away with the shit attractive guys can. The problem is, if you aren't particularly attractive and you still have enough ability with women to pull out of your league, you're walking a tight rope of inappropriate behaviour as far as initiating touch, content of conversation, etc. James Franco can "get away" with things Louis CK couldn't possibly.

Harvey Weinstein (I don't even know if prime Brad Pitt could get away with this douchebags list)
Louis CK
Gene Simmons (like, this year...so not rock star Gene Simmons, fat old 68 yr old Gene Simmons)
Jian Ghomeshi
Warren Moon (Not superstar quarterback Warren Moon, wrinkly 61 yr old Warren Moon)
Ruben Kihuen (congressman from Nevada...37 yrs old and easily the best looking guy on the list so far...but a 5'10 mexican guy)
Russell Simmons
Matt Lauer
Charlie Rose
Al Franken
Roy Moore

I could go on, but after doing a bunch of digging, the closest thing to a pretty mother****er getting accused was former backstreet boy Nick Carter about an incident in 2002 (so more or less at the height of their fame or close) and Affleck for grabbing a titty in 2003.

You're trying to tell me that not a single pretty mother****er got out of line this year? It was only goofy looking ****s acting inappropriate? Now don't get me wrong, there are some serial predators in that list and I'm not even remotely trying to suggest that they deserve anything but jail for what they did. But I have a hard time believing that pretty mother****ers aren't doing the same (non predatory) shit goofy looking mother****ers are doing.

this is a very interesting point, and one that I had not thought about until you raised it. now I'm not sure where I stand quite yet. I think I'm inclined to agree with you, but I'll mull it over a bit more first...

Louis CK
Jian Ghomeshi
Russell Simmons
Matt Lauer
Charlie Rose
Al Franken
Roy Moore

When James Franco hits on an attractive young lady she's more likely to be flattered. Even if he's a little rude about it... they are less likely to be appalled. Hell, there's a good chance that she will follow through. When a Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump, Charlie Rose... ect do it... well they're going to be freaked the **** out.

Like you (basically) said though, there's no doubt that a Franco or Affleck could be a predator and way overstep... it's just going to be for less frequent. Cause the line is a lot further away for them.

When James Franco hits on an attractive young lady she's more likely to be flattered. Even if he's a little rude about it... they are less likely to be appalled. Hell, there's a good chance that she will follow through. When a Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump, Charlie Rose... ect do it... well they're going to be freaked the **** out.

Like you (basically) said though, there's no doubt that a Franco or Affleck could be a predator and way overstep... it's just going to be for less frequent. Cause the line is a lot further away for them.

I see three reactions to this incoming: 1) rich, powerful men whose careers depending on maintaining some semblance of public face will act right going forward. There's just too much risk not to 2) They will almost entirely stop hiring women to work in positions that require close contact/collaboration if they have the ability to do so 3) the prostitution golden age will be upon us. When funny looking rich white guys don't feel comfortable making an awkward pass at women anymore, it will just become another purely transactional part of their life.

I can see that.

Especially the last two points. IMHO there will always be enough idiots out there that won't learn from recent trends to keep the accusations flowing.

Newsweek @Newsweek
A passenger who wore ten T-shirts to avoid excess baggage fees was booted off a flight in Iceland bit.ly/2ESqexf

#hero

Newsweek @Newsweek
A passenger who wore ten T-shirts to avoid excess baggage fees was booted off a flight in Iceland bit.ly/2ESqexf

#hero

was booted off two flights on successive days, I read. BA eventually refunded him the ticket.

Newsweek @Newsweek

#hero
Pfft. I use a backpack suitcase that's carry-on size. Used it for 10 + day travel no problem

Pfft. I use a backpack suitcase that's carry-on size. Used it for 10 + day travel no problem

I've gone on a 6-week trip using only a small roller-bag (carry-on size) plus a laptop bag. The key is just not caring what you wear when you travel (seriously, do you actually need 10 shirts for a trip?)

But yeah, on the real discount airlines, you don't even get the 2nd carry-on, and are only allowed just a small backpack/laptop case/purse. But wearing 10 shirts is a little aggressive to save what's usually a 25$ charge...

Yeah, I don't get the whole hero thing here...with a few amazon purchases (vacuum bags, compression sacks, packing cubes etc) and a couple youtube videos you can pack everything you would reasonably need for a 10-15 day trip in a rolling carry on and "personal item" aka laptop bag or backpack.

I've gone on a 6-week trip using only a small roller-bag (carry-on size) plus a laptop bag. The key is just not caring what you wear when you travel (seriously, do you actually need 10 shirts for a trip?)

But yeah, on the real discount airlines, you don't even get the 2nd carry-on, and are only allowed just a small backpack/laptop case/purse. But wearing 10 shirts is a little aggressive to save what's usually a 25$ charge...

christ, my family goes away for a weekend and we had three suitcases, my wife's was 43 lbs and mine was 41lbs coming back. I have told my wife we need to stop travelling like the Kings of France but no matter what, we can't.

Back