• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Jonathan Drouin

Why, we are stocked on the farm with tons of depth? lol ..The media is still mostly spinning this as positive and the habs have a playoff spot secured. Building a REAL winner (a team that can go far) and planning our future for long term success is not really important. They need to make the playoffs every year, that's their business model.
Getting too worked up Bradley, IMO need one solid draft (2-3 NHLers) to fill the pipeline, what's important in these next few hours / weeks is maximizing return of young NHL ready components for Galchenyuk. Achieving that buys time (at least 2-drafts) to stock the prospect shelf.

Getting too worked up Bradley, IMO need one solid draft (2-3 NHLers) to fill the pipeline, what's important in these next few hours / weeks is maximizing return of young NHL ready components for Galchenyuk. Achieving that buys time (at least 2-drafts) to stock the prospect shelf.

Every team gets to draft, that's not really the point. We're definitely not just 1 draft away from filling the pipeline (what every other team is also doing at the draft). We have the worst farm now, by a long shot. It's not going to be pretty Sal, especially when we have injuries. The same thing happens every offseason, we sign a FA, make a trade and everyone forgets really that we are 2-3 players away from doing damage and we now have no prospects along with that.

Every team gets to draft, that's not really the point. We're definitely not just 1 draft away from filling the pipeline (what every other team is also doing at the draft). We have the worst farm now, by a long shot. It's not going to be pretty Sal, especially when we have injuries. The same thing happens every offseason, we sign a FA, make a trade and everyone forgets really that we are 2-3 players away from doing damage and we now have no prospects along with that.

Bang on , plus that one good draft takes years to hit and impact your roster . We are fooked in 2-3 years

Drouin's English is almost flawless.....not bad for someone from St-Agathe.....I mean, his English is better than Vinny/Marty St-Louis....hopefully he turns out better than both....lol

Yeah, the cupboard is bare. If we can't win it in the next couple seasons, then we've got a long rebuild ahead to stock up. At the very least, we got a good young player with elite talent who we might be able to build around. Now the real question is what happens with Galchenyuk, if he can take that next step forward that we've wanted from him, or if he'll be used as bait to fill one of our holes, either on D or at C.

Galchenyuk and Drouin need to play together. They will be 80+ point guys together.

It is the closest we will come to forming a duo a la Kane and Toews, Datsyuk and Zetterberg...I won't say Crosby and Malkin.

AG has the most points of any player drafted his year and he barely plays - he's ahead of the great Frosberg (I know he played a few more games).

His PPG has gone from .48 to .58 to .68 to .72 in the last 4 years. Massive upward trend...PATIENCE --- THE KID WILL BE A GEM DO NOT TRADE HIM!

Galchenyuk and Drouin need to play together. They will be 80+ point guys together.

It is the closest we will come to forming a duo a la Kane and Toews, Datsyuk and Zetterberg...I won't say Crosby and Malkin.

AG has the most points of any player drafted his year and he barely plays - he's ahead of the great Frosberg (I know he played a few more games).

His PPG has gone from .48 to .58 to .68 to .72 in the last 4 years. Massive upward trend...PATIENCE --- THE KID WILL BE A GEM DO NOT TRADE HIM!

Completely agree !!!

Anyone else think that maybe Gallagher is the ine who may get dealt

I think he's the guy to move. He has a reasonable contract and can produce. With the way he plays though, he's going to fall off a cliff, sooner rather than later

I think he's the guy to move. He has a reasonable contract and can produce. With the way he plays though, he's going to fall off a cliff, sooner rather than later

Hard to gauge what his value is? His style of play is well renown around the league, not alot of players like him but you're right that his injury issues the last two aeasons are scary long term

Anyone else think that maybe Gallagher is the ine who may get dealt
You don't realize it but you have a serious hate on for Gally. You've been posting like this for months now.

I don't see MB trading the guy because his work ethic is invaluable. How many times was he inserted on lines this past year to get them going?

I also think he can get back to scoring in the mid 20's if he stops blocking shots with his hands.

You don't realize it but you have a serious hate on for Gally. You've been posting like this for months now.

I don't see MB trading the guy because his work ethic is invaluable. How many times was he inserted on lines this past year to get them going?

I also think he can get back to scoring in the mid 20's if he stops blocking shots with his hands.

Really? i actually like Gallagher

i love the way he plays but injuries have slowed him down big time

Really? i actually like Gallagher

i love the way he plays but injuries have slowed him down big time

I think he can rebound from the injuries but on a team where we are starved for goals he gets caught up in the offense debate because of what he has produced in years past. In many ways he is not suppose to be a top 6 player but if his linemates are doing their job then he will handle his own part quite well... but he is not a Brad Marchand and shouldn't be compared to that production like some here do.

I could see Gally and Drouin working well together on a line.

Gally on a 3rd line is the ideal situation, I agree, and we would be in great shape if we have a 3rd line of Gally, danault and Lehkonen

But fact is that MB has to deal some of his best assets to get help at center...I like Ag and gally but who is he honna deal to get a center?

He's expendable because of Shaw (similar profiles) and Lhekonen's emergence. Lhek's can play 2nd line minutes next year and it wouldn't be a bad thing. He can score 20...and maybe 25 with Chucky and Drew (I anointed him Drew).

Pax - Zetterberg - Radu
Chuck - Drew - Lhekonen
Shaw - Dano - Byron
Slug - Plug - Scrub

Give Detroit a 1st + Plex for Zetterberg AND trade Gallagher for a top 4 dman and we're done.
If we can sign Joe T then we go with him instead of Zett's. I just don't want to waste time with Hanzal.

Back