• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Kessel was a different story....that was a hard contract to trade away due to the number and term left.

Plus Kessel had a very limited list of teams he would go to.

You're comparable is completely off.

Not saying Poile would go for it but that should be the asking price for one the best goal scorers in the game with a year and half left on his contract.

This is MBs chip to get what he needs at center,you don't just give that up for a prospect and a draft pick...that's nuts.

What some of you are asking for is the price for a high end rental...Max is worth more than a high end rental.

The point here is why would a GM like Poile (Using your example) create a hole in the position that is hardest to fill, first line center, in order to get Max?

Why would he deal a roster player who has been key to making the Preds a top 5 club this season? Either of those are sideways moves.

And looking at playoff contenders, the story is going to be repeated over and over again. Any deal for max involving a high end player ends up being a sideways move for them, not getting them any closer to the cup.

If you want to make the argument that max has a better contract than Kessel and thus deserves more in return, I can get behind that. But in that case, what, Two high end prospects, a First and a second round pick? But Max is not getting a key player back, not from a team looking to load up on a cup run, if Max brings more in than Kessel, it's going to be in futures.

DonKay - you're a good guy, but you're wrong here.

The Habs aren't gonna walk out of this with a player like Johansen.

The goal is top-end prospect that ready to go, a lower end prospect, a first and a third.

Honestly, that's a damn good return.
Max could bring in more in Futures. That's it. No key roster player is coming back in any Max deal.

Max could bring in more in Futures. That's it. No key roster player is coming back in any Max deal.

If the Habs move Max for another established scorer I am gonna lose my shit. Max is the best scorer on the market. If you want goals this year and next, you keep Max.

The goal is top-end prospect that is ready to go (maybe a C?), another prospect, a first and a third.

The goal is top-end prospect that is ready to go (maybe a C?), another prospect, a first and a third.

Well wait a minute....I think we are saying the same thing.

What do you mean when you say "top end prospect ready to go"? Because that's what I've been saying also, a 20-26 year old top two center caliber center that is NHL ready is a must.

A 26 year old is no longer a prospect. There will likely be no player acquired (and probably shouldn't be) that is that established. The ages of the players in return should be 23 or less.

Frankly, i'd be pissed if we only do a one for one swap aka Johansen for Max. The Habs need multiple pieces in return to rebuild the system and team as a whole.

A 26 year old is no longer a prospect. There will likely be no player acquired (and probably shouldn't be) that is that established. The ages of the players in return should be 23 or less.

Frankly, i'd be pissed if we only do a one for one swap aka Johansen for Max. The Habs need multiple pieces in return to rebuild the system and team as a whole.
19-23 should be the target age.

A 26 year old is no longer a prospect at all. Gallagher isn't a prospect.

Kessel was a different story....that was a hard contract to trade away due to the number and term left.

Plus Kessel had a very limited list of teams he would go to.

Your comparable is completely off.

Not saying Poile would go for it but that should be the asking price for one the best goal scorers in the game with a year and half left on his contract.

This is MBs chip to get what he needs at center,you don't just give that up for a prospect and a draft pick...that's nuts.

What some of you are asking for is the price for a high end rental, that's what Evander Kane may fetch on the market because he's a pending UFA...Max is worth more than a high end rental.

I never once mentioned Kessel.

Maybe we can get a center from another team that isn't contending for the Cup, but we're not getting Johanssen from Nashville. Maybe we could get O'Reilly from Buffalo though.

Short of getting an established center, I would definitely demand a grade A center prospect however.

I never once mentioned Kessel.

Maybe we can get a center from another team that isn't contending for the Cup, but we're not getting Johanssen from Nashville. Maybe we could get O'Reilly from Buffalo though.

Short of getting an established center, I would definitely demand a grade A center prospect however.
This is really our last chance to do it.

Subban didnt fetch one

Sergachev didn't fetch one

Max really needs to fetch one.

This is really our last chance to do it.

Subban didnt fetch one

Sergachev didn't fetch one

Max really needs to fetch one.

a centre won't just fall into our lap, just ask our GM

Doesn't matter how many in the NHL are traded, our GM says trading for one is hard

The most depressing part of this Retool/rebuild/sucking unintentionally with no plan is that MB is going to be the one trying to find a trade partner using our last tradeable star player.

But I'm not calling for a prospect...I'm calling for a 20-26 year old center.

This will be his bargaining chip to get that center.

If he can't get that center than I sure as hell hope he tries to get a top end dman in return.

Bottom line you are not trading Max to get another winger, we actually have some interesting depth on the wing, especially if Drouin ends up there once a good center can be had.

By trading Max there really really needs to be a need addressed and right now our glaring needs are at center and defense

But I'm not calling for a prospect...I'm calling for a 20-26 year old center.

If MB can't get this he shouldn't trade Max

This will be his bargaining chip to get that center.

If he can't get that center than I sure as hell hope he tries to get a top end dman in return.

Bottom line you are not trading Max to get another winger, we actually have some interesting depth on the wing, especially if Drouin ends up there once a good center can be had.

By trading Max there really really needs to be a need addressed and right now our glaring needs are at center and defense

Even if he can't get this, he should still trade Max. I'd rather get some defense prospects, or even young scoring wingers prospects than letting Max walk for nothing or resigning him to a big contract.

19-23 should be the target age.

A 26 year old is no longer a prospect at all. Gallagher isn't a prospect.

I would be glad to take a 25 year old top end center, at this point you can't be putting sticks in your wheels by limiting it to 19-23, I'm not saying get a 29-30 year old but 25-26 can still give you a good amount of years to build up to a quality team

Even if he can't get this, he should still trade Max. I'd rather get some defense prospects, or even young scoring wingers prospects than letting Max walk for nothing or resigning him to a big contract.

If he can't get that he should wait until the off season when MB can make a hockey trade.

There's no way you can justify trading a player like this and just getting futures without at least having one proven asset.

You have to get something that is NHL ready with upside.

I would be glad to take a 25 year old top end center, at this point you can't be putting sticks in your wheels by limiting it to 19-23, I'm not saying get a 29-30 year old but 25-26 can still give you a good amount of years to build up to a quality team
I simply don't see other teams parting with Key roster players while they are looking to stock up for a cup run.

I don't see teams that are on the outside looking in thinking that they need to give up their futures in order to get a Max Pacioretty now, not unless that team thinks it's going to be contending as soon as next season, and that narrows down our trade partners more than any age limit. What team thinks they are going to be making a run at the postseason as early as next season? Edmonton and who else?

Back