• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs claim Antti Niemi off waivers

I am, which is why I'm asking what's your definition of a franchise goalie.

I personally wouldn't build my team around a goalie so that notion of franchise goalie is a bit silly to me. The difference between the top goalie in the league and the 15th one is probably around 10 goals a year.

Agreed so why pay this moronic deal .Even if 31 had Nero by the nuts , negotiate a bit you clown .

The gap is marginal from 1-15 like you said , way smaller than the 1-15 Centers .

I still say no one was going to that stupid contract in free agency . We paid for past performance . not the macro future outlook of him and the team .

I’m just happy that we have a GM that recognizes a need and addresses it quickly :prrr:

Hawks would be smart to start shopping Toews before it's too late.....maybe........mayyyyyyyybe some GM's bite on Toews (I doubt it)....
I think we all know of one GM who would go for it hook, line and sinker and his name rhymes with "bargain bin"

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Funny how must media people, all of them Price jock sniffers, think Price’s contract is untradable....so even the media thinks Bergy was dumb in giving out that contract.

I doubt any sane GM gives Price 10+M on the UFA market...certainly not for 7-8 years

And teams willing to give Price that contract are not teams that’ll be able to contend, so I doubt Price signs with those teams...Bergy had some negotiation power, but through it away when he publicly said Price can write his own cheque

Funny how must media people, all of them Price jock sniffers, think Price’s contract is untradable....so even the media thinks Bergy was dumb in giving out that contract.

I doubt any sane GM gives Price 10+M on the UFA market...certainly not for 7-8 years

And teams willing to give Price that contract are not teams that’ll be able to contend, so I doubt Price signs with those teams...Bergy had some negotiation power, but through it away when he publicly said Price can write his own cheque

Bang on , he wasn't getting that contract in the open market like others think .

On the open market, maybe, it only takes one very desperate tam (apparently that was us), but on the trade market, with his NMC, no chance.

On the open market, maybe, it only takes one very desperate tam (apparently that was us), but on the trade market, with his NMC, no chance.

I would be shocked if any team went more than 5 years or 8-9 mil as a UFA at 31 years of age .

We milked every ounce of his best years IMO.

The injury concerns are league wide . How many teams have 10.5 to dish out and be a contender . Most teams don't need a goalie and like you said the difference from 1-15 is minimal.

We fcked up large on this one , at some point we need to contact Lou for advice on how to bury multiple IR years and get away with it .

I only said maybe because MB is not the only dumb GM out there. I could have seen Vancouver making a pretty strong offer for Price.

I would be shocked if any team went more than 5 years or 8-9 mil as a UFA at 31 years of age .

We milked every ounce of his best years IMO.

The injury concerns are league wide . How many teams have 10.5 to dish out and be a contender . Most teams don't need a goalie and like you said the difference from 1-15 is minimal.

We fcked up large on this one , at some point we need to contact Lou for advice on how to bury multiple IR years and get away with it .

Its clear that the 10.5 was the contract to stay in Montreal.

If price hit FA he probably takes less in order to go to a team with a real ****ing defense and forwards who can score.

I wouldn't worry though. MB probably flips price for rinne two seasons from now.

Back