• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #15 | Canadiens vs. Blackhawks | Nov. 5, 2017

I opened one after he lost to Biron in playoffs....and after he won the Hart.

Everyone laughed.....i hope they are laughing now, not because i think Lindgren is legit (i have my doubts), but because 10.5x8 years is stupid for a goalie with fragile knees

:iagree: it was a moronic deal

I don't get the complete NTC for Price new contract. I mean how this is possible???

NTC's aren't a problem when the Habs want to trade away one of their own players. Usually the only teams that players really don't want to be dealt to are the Canadian ones and a couple of sad sack clusterbleep teams in the US. Otherwise they're just happy to be out of Montreal. When Buffalo, the armpit of New York State, is a more favoured destination for free agents than Montreal (and it is) you know that the problem is getting guys to come to you at all, not getting them to leave once they're here. Duchene was happy to go anywhere just to be out of Colorado but he also knows that he's a UFA after next season so he won't have to stay in Ottawa very long.

Couple more wins by Charlie and don't be surprised to see the heated subject of duscussion in media will be: How to get rid of 31's contract??!!

The most popular player in Montreal is always the back-up goalie who rarely plays.

Back in 2006 I went to Montreal and caught a game against Buffalo. Huet was the flavour of the month back then and Abeischer was also doing pretty well. Early in the game Huet made a good save and 20,000 fans started chanting "HUET! HUET!" A few minutes later the Sabres scored a couple of quick goals and the same 20,000 knee-jerk fans began chanting "ABBY! ABBY!"

So I have no doubt that there will be a faction of the fan base who will now be wanting to talk about trading Price based on the result of one game last night. I also have no doubt that Carey Price is going to be with the Habs until at least the end of this new contract if not beyond, unless he talks out of turn and forces the team to trade him for non-hockey reasons. But for now he is the #1 goalie on a goalie-dependent team headed by a coach and GM who are too risk-averse to build a team any other way. He's also white, right and polite, just the way management likes its players to be: seen and not heard.

Back