• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

That's the frustrating thing about being an NHL fan -- just not enough ready to use talent available at the draft. You have to win a special lottery or you're probably out of luck.

I love the NFL because a team like the Pats can build a dynasty without ever drafting in the top 3. And I don't even root for the Pats. My Vikings didn't have a 1st rounder this year but they still drafted a star running back in the 2nd round, and their starting C in the 3rd round. This happens every year to almost every team.

Agreed. It is feeling a bit like when the Yankees and Red Sox only won every year and bought the NL East and WC spot every year. It's not due to $ in the NHL, but you feel hopeless if you can't get lucky and get those top picks.

Agreed. It is feeling a bit like when the Yankees and Red Sox only won every year and bought the NL East and WC spot every year. It's not due to $ in the NHL, but you feel hopeless if you can't get lucky and get those top picks.

The Yanks and Sox have drafted incredibly well in all rounds , they develop their own talent but also have the coin to add free agents . Look at Boston's killer b's in that lineup , its incredible .

They’ve done a nice job in NJ getting young talent

The NHL is super compared to the NBA.

You know ahead of time that whatever team Lebron James is on will be in the Finals and that they were going to face Golden State for the last two seasons. Now there's the odd chance that Team Lebron is going to play against Houston or Oklahoma instead, but it'll probably still be Golden State.

There's four (but realistically probably just two) teams with legitimate chances at winning in the NBA, whereas the NHL can probably have a good 8-10.

Burton what are you doing here, Leafs lost tonight.

If he starts feeling some confidence he could be a good scorer.

Subban with 5 points in his last two games. Don't remember the last time a Hab did that....

Remember when Subban was a Hab? That was awesome.

Subban with 5 points in his last two games. Don't remember the last time a Hab did that....

Remember when Subban was a Hab? That was awesome.

Watching the preds is always fun.

Except when they play Pittsburg....

Forget subban though, Samuel Girard had a hell of a game as a junior eligible defenseman, 3 points in 2 games.

Colorado were retarded to not take him and a first for Duchenne.

Guys,

Should we also go back to talking about the Chelios-Savard trade....the Roy trade....the McDonaugh trade....?

Guys,

Should we also go back to talking about the Chelios-Savard trade....the Roy trade....the McDonaugh trade....?

Yeah, cause we stopped talking about those in the first 18 months after the deals.

Guys,

People still talk about these trades.

The Subban one is the most fresh and it was done on a random whim - and the results are gonna get worse.

I understand that it's sour grapes, but nonetheless Subban should still be a Hab.

People still talk about these trades.

The Subban one is the most fresh and it was done on a random whim - and the results are gonna get worse.

I understand that it's sour grapes, but nonetheless Subban should still be a Hab.

Weber is a better dmen than Subban, or at least equal....it wasn't a one-sided trade....

Debating Weber vs Subban is like debating Keith vs Doughty.....both are amazing dmen....

Weber is a better dmen than Subban, or at least equal....it wasn't a one-sided trade....

Debating Weber vs Subban is like debating Keith vs Doughty.....both are amazing dmen....

Weber is a amazing D man, but his style isn't well suited for Montreal.

Watching the preds is always fun.

Except when they play Pittsburg....

Forget subban though, Samuel Girard had a hell of a game as a junior eligible defenseman, 3 points in 2 games.

Colorado were retarded to not take him and a first for Duchenne.

My boy...

Not almost, he was perfect. No other market appréciates a mix of flair & talent like this one does. Not to mention this was his favorite team growing up, and alas, here we are...

Back